Review Highlights
Glass-bottom kayaks are totally worth it

The Bio Bay is a MUST. One of the most magical things I've ever seen. Fun Brothers offer a good... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Kim M
New York
Bio bay kayak tour

Reviewed February 26, 2019
Kyle P
Elgin, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews rented scooters glass bottom these guys new moon in great shape mosquito bay bug spray biobay tour nelson island info skis jet dart shore sky stars
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

I’ll start by saying the bio bay was amazing on its own, very cool and magical. The kayaks were glass bottom so that was also a cool added feature and our guides were very nice but the tour is a bit lacking and short. Tour only lasted about a hour total and we didn’t do much but kayak to the middle of the bay and sit there. It seemed like all the other tours did more and went through the mangroves, we also heard a bit of the history we were told was untrue
Which was also a bit of a letdown.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 31, 2019 via mobile

The bay and the view were amazing its not possible to describe... Incredible! The staff was friendly but we feel we lost time, a big part of the tour a guy fron the staff just spoke about the stars in the sky. Its ok but we traveld to Vieques from far from Europe and we wanted to enjoy every second of the tour and know every important information about the bioluminescent not from the stars. But they were very friendly and we can recommend.

1  Thank kisspe4
Reviewed January 20, 2019

We booked with Fun Brothers instead of some more highly reviewed companies because they are local and we wanted to keep our money as local as possible. The bay was amazing, but the staff seemed bothered to have to work that day. The guides were silent the whole bus ride and didn't give us any information about the bay until we got into the water and paddled into the middle. At that time, the guide rushed through a quick informational bit and then sat on his phone for the rest of the tour.

Some participants struggled to see much at the bay because the light wasn't the best that night. This wasn't the fault of Fun Brothers, obviously. However, I discovered that by paddling deep and hard, you could activate the bioluminescence! I helped other guests discover this while our guide kept looking at his phone. We basically paid for a bus ride and a kayak rental for a self guided tour. Luckily, I met some guides from another company at a bar that night that filled me in on the information that we missed. These guides from the other company were so passionate that they bought me a drink and sat me down and educated me. I wish my guide at Fun Brothers showed this level of passion.

3  Thank CameronPlese
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

Booked a bio bay tour through these guys as they were the only ones who could fit is in that night and we had an awesome experience!! Our tour guides were informative and fun, they gave us info about the bay while out on the water and gave us ample time to explore. Glass bottom kayaks too made the water look like shooting stars under the kayak. A must do if you’re in Viaques!!

1  Thank lukec955
Reviewed January 1, 2019

We went the tour at 7:30pm on Jan 1st, 2019. The guides don't allow us to bring bags to kayak, so I kept it on the seat with my wallet in the bag. After I came back, I found I lost a $100 bill. I couldn't tell if I lost it here, because I also put my bag in the Fun Brother booth in the afternoon for 1 hour when I was snorkeling. Anyway, some guy from Fun Brother took it away. It is an extremely poor experience!
Additionally, the tour guide seems impatient at all. Once all 7 kayaks were in water, he just said "follow green light" and then moved far away quickly. We couldn't even followed him up in the darkness.

1  Thank hao s
Carly S, Manager at Fun Brothers Hut, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2019

Fun Brothers has been in buisness for 15 years and never has any of our employees been accused of stealing...We are sorry to hear you lost money but as you wrote you lost it and have no idea when...please take responsibility for your own mishaps and not put it on our company by bad mouthing us on trip advisor..