“Relaxing fun in the sun!”

Marauder Sailing Charters - Private Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Esperanza
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer several sailing and snorkeling cruises including half day, full day, sunset, Sunday brunch, private and customized trips to make your Vieques vacation even more memorable. All of our excursions include meals, beverages and an open bar. "The best way to see Vieques is aboard Marauder!"
“Relaxing fun in the sun!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We sailed on our last full day in Vieques with Nate and Jade. Both of them are full of wit and personality and seemed like old friends by the end of our trip. Nate went above and beyond with lunch and Jade took pictures while some of us went snorkeling. Nate's boat is full of character and the sail back was so peaceful for me. I am amazed with both Nate and Jade's stories of how they came to be in Vieques and I will definitely visit again and sail with them! Nate and Jade I wish you both well and Nate, I will recommend your sailing company to anyone who visits Vieques! The day was lovely and the sailing was amazing! Thank you for making it so relaxing and fun for us.

Brooklyn, NY
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Excellent trip! Worth every penny!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We had the pleasure to sail with Capt. Nate for our one year anniversary. I was actually referred via Capt. Judi of "Sea Vieques" when our reservation had to be cancelled due to weather. She was awesome enough to recommend Capt. Nate and he was kind enough to take us aboard with such short notice.

Let me tell you first off, Capt. Nate has really thought of EVERYTHING! This entire tour was put together so well that it felt like staying at a five star resort on the boat. As we sailed around Vieques, we learned a bit about the different beaches and the history of the island and the bombings. His first mate was there to take our drinks orders the entire time and supply us with a generous supply of Medalla and their home made Piña Colada's. We had yummy chips and salsa to hold us over on the initial sail before finally reaching our Snorkeling spot off of blue Beach.

All snorkeling gear was provided and it's not the cheap kind that you'd get with most excursions. All snorkels were "dry" snorkels and the goggles and fins were like new. We got to swim along the island across from Blue Beach for some of the best snorkeling we'd had on the island. This is the kind of snorkeling you cant get to on your own while in Vieques because its only accessible by boat. I saw a puffer fish while my wife spotted a Barracuda! One of the others caught a glimpse of a sea turtle!

Afterwards we swam back to the boat where Capt. Nate had prepared lunch. Capt. Nate must have went to culinary school, cause the lunch he made was fantastic! It was a real treat to have such a delicious meal prepared on an excursion like this. Afterwards we got to relax under the sun and enjoy a few more homemade Piña Colada's before taking the sunset sail back.

When we returned, he took us back to shore and surprised us with a bottle of local Rum for our anniversary. It was the perfect end to a fantastic day. I HIGHLY recommend taking a sail on the Marauder. Capt. Nate has a great little thing going here and you really should check it out. Worth every penny!

Shutesbury
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A wonderful day of sun, sail and snorkling!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband, our adult daughter, son, his girlfriend, and I all had ana amzing day on the Marauder and her crew of Nate and Kevin. We were greated with som light refreshments as the crew got ready to set sail.
The wind was fairly gentle and from the South because a tropical storm north of the island was causing changes in the normal wind direction. We sailed to Secret Beach, avoiding lobster traps, taking in the view, and talking about Vieques. Snorkling felt like flying in the warm Carribean Ocean. While playing in the ocean, Nate and Kevin created a lovely lunch, and time to relax on the boat before sailing back.
If you do decide to enjoy a sail on the Marauder, and Kevin is aboard, ask him to tell you about the Zombees on Vieques!
My entire family and I truly enjoyed our sail and would recommend it to anyone with a sense of adventure who wants to have fun!

Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Sun, sail and snorkling”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had an excellent time sailing with Captain Nate and the Marauder crew. The weather was beautiful. Captain Nate made us all feel welcome the moment we stepped aboard the Marauder. He was more than willing to answer any questions we had. The food and drink were all excellent. Sailing on the Marauder was one of the highlights of our trip! I would highly recommend sailing with Captain Nate on the Marauder.

Visited May 2012
Roswell, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun in the Sun!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Nate and Kevin were awesome on our sailing trip. I made reservations by email more than two months in advance and Nate got back to me quickly. We tentatively reserved one of two days to accomodate the weather. I paid half our payment, which I thought was reasonable for a 1/2 day sail/snorkle. When we arrived on Vieques, I called and left a message to confirm and he immediately called back to confirm with our time and meeting place. We met in the morning down by the Malecon and he was right there. We filledout our paperwork and met two other "sailors". We dinghy'd out to the Marauder and Kevin was there to meet us. ( We had actually met him on our Bio Bay Tour the night before!) The waves were a bit rough ( take bonine the night before) so we had to motor our way out. We were able to sail back to our mooring, which was nice. We snorkeled and hung out and swam near sun bay for about 2 hours and had a delicious lunch that Nate prepared for us. Kevin served up the drinks and the fabulous on the rocks pina coladas. The teenagers loved the trip....although they were sleepy from having to get up early. Nate and KEvin were super friendly, totally accomodating and gave us a wonderful history of Vieques on our tour. it is really nice to be on a boat that only has 6 people too. If you want a nice day out on a lovely sailboat with a terrific Captain and First mate.......check out Marauder Sailing!

Visited July 2012