“Ducky’s Park Farm - ideal for pre-school/infant school children” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ducky's Park Farm - CLOSED

Ducky's Park Farm
Nottingham
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Ducky’s Park Farm – ideal for pre-school/infant school children”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We visited Ducky’s while on a recent holiday in the Lake District with our 20-month-old son. The farm/park is nicely laid out and easily accessible for buggies, with plenty of animals to see. There is the opportunity to feed and pet some of the animals, but as our son was teething and putting his hands in his mouth a lot, we decided this wasn’t the best idea. It took us about half an hour to go round the farm, with lots of stops to say hello to all the animals, before the real fun started. The best thing about Ducky’s is that there are lots of play areas – one outdoor for bikes/trikes (which provided some great photo opportunities), and another outdoor with a swings, a good quality slide/climbing frame, and a Wendy house. Indoors, there is a small soft play area for toddlers, which our son loved, and also a Wacky Warehouse style soft play with tunnels, nets to climb on and a massive ball pool.

The café was reasonably priced and the cake we had was tasty. The only slight negative is the admission price. I thought £5.80 for adults was reasonable, but having to pay £4.80 for our son was a bit steep. I’m sure the policy of free admission is for under-1s only is based on sound logic, and even though children do develop quickly, I didn’t think that a 2-year-old (or just under) would be able to get enough from the experience to justify such a relatively high (as a proportion of adult ticket) price. That said, if pre-school children (i.e. 3-4), or maybe infant school children, were to visit, they would get a lot more out of it, being old enough to understand instructions on how to safely feed and pet the animals.

Ducky’s was an enjoyable way to spend half a day outdoors if you have young children who are interested in farm animals.

Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lovely farm but overpriced for younger children”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is the second time I've been to Ducky Park. The first time I visited I feel there might have been more animals and more people than my second visit but there is plenty to do there. There is a great indoor soft play as well out outdoor play areas and pay-as-you go ride ons and then there is the farm. Children can get close to animals and in some instances pet them or help feed them which is great. The food in the cafe is a bit hit and miss but ok for children, but don't expect anything but 'kids food' from there as I think my lunch was just a bigger version of what a child might get. One lady (older than the rest) in the cafe area was lovely and engaged with my toddler but the rest of the staff in there seemed a bit like they'd prefer to be elsewhere. There is the option to take a picnic and eat outdoors if you wish which would be what I do next time.
Staff on the farm that we met were cheery as were all the animals - they all seemed happy to be there. It's a shame the barrel ride isn't on throughout the day as we missed it as were feeding the toddlers their lunch. My little boy especially liked the baby goats and watching people feed the sheep.
My only negative is that I had to pay £4.80 for my toddler who's not even 2. I think pricing needs to be addressed for younger children. It's expensive to expect a 2 year to pay the same as a 12 year old. Most places let under 2's in for free then stagger prices.
All in all a nice day out but for myself and my toddler to go to the farm and have lunch there it cost me £20 which is a bit on the costly side but we could have stayed all day if we wanted to as you're not restricted to a leaving time.

Mcr, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great afternoon at Ducky's!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visited here one rainy afternoon and initially I thought that the place was going to be overpriced (from outside!). It cost around £17 for 2 adults, 2 kids (one under one) and this turned out to be great value for money as we spent a few hours here.
There is a brilliant indoor play area with a large area for older kids (my 4 year old loved it) and a small baby/toddler area... There is a good cafe and then obviously all the farm animals and outdoor activities. There is also a trampolining area and huge bouncy castle/play thing.
Overall, a great family afternoon, despite the weather and good value for money.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“dayout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

it was very good and worth while visit kids loved the in doors play area and we enjoyed the annimals on display

1 Thank parts i
Rotherham, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great afternoon worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant fun day plenty for kids to do indoor & out. Kids can feed the animals as well, great value for money