TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,131 results
All reviews on site chip shop mash and barrel swimming pool evening entertainment crazy golf central heating play area great holiday live lounge static caravan touring caravan lake district lovely site clean site prestige caravan fish and chips
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Checking in was smooth, our van was upgraded so bigger and more plush, big thank you. Only facilities we used were the shop which was well stocked and at a reasonable price for a campsite. Just 25 mins by car to lake coniston or Windermere.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LakelandLeisurePark, Guest Relations Manager at Lakeland Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your stay it sounds like you had a super time!

We are so lucky to be in the heart of the Lake District and just a drive away from all the attractions.

Our team hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first time trying out a holiday park and I don't think we'll bother again. First off the check in process was appalling - we arrived 45 mins before our official check in time, told the caravan wasn't ready and we'd have to come back at 4pm to check in but they'd phone me if it was ready sooner. Wasn't offered an alernative caravan that was ready or asked if I wanted to upgrade. Why can't they give you the key at least? No phone call went back at 10 to 4 to a massive queue in a small red hot office only 2 people and some poor guy telling the same jokes over and over. They're making it more stressful for themselves and the holiday makers. Doesn't set you off on a good start to your holiday when you're already annoyed! Not enough activities available for 4 and 6 year olds. Bar clearly understaffed (as though they didn't know it was a bank holiday weekend!) as tables were left uncleared and the bar toilets wet through and dirty. Disinterested activity booking staff who didn't even acknowledge you! Very rude chip shop staff: We had clearly offended them by waiting outside while our food was cooked instead of in the hot chip shop with the children. The dark haired male server taking the order and the lady with the blonde hair dishing it up were quite hostile and seemed to make a point of apologising to the family ahead of us for keeping them waiting but not to us! The family member I was with stepped out just for a moment to double check the order and when she came back in they made her go to the back of the queue saying that the guy who had just arrived was 'before you'!!! This site clearly needs some customer service training and a good look at its check in procedure. As this is supposed to be the nicer Haven site we won't bother checking out the other sites and will stick to camping/glamping in future.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank RichRach2010

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your stay with us.

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with your recent stay.

We apologise that you felt the check in process was appalling - It is our policy not to give out keys to the caravans until we know that they are ready and good to go for our guests, but as your check in time was 4pm we will always try our very best to get you in earlier and we will call you if a 4 o'clock caravan becomes available any earlier. I can only apologise that this wasn't possible during your time with us.

I will feedback your observations to the relevant managers so they can evaluate the issues highlighted in your post for team development in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well, as my past reviews will show, I like lakeland as it is a very warm welcoming Haven site.
The staff always do their best to ensure you have a pleasant stay with them, the site as a whole is all you could ask for, the price is very reasonable, they cater for as many age groups as they can (some may be disappointed, but you can't please all)
The staff in the live lounge as always was fantastic in their service, but I must say the main member of staff who is up front dealing with the public that really impressed me this trip was a lady by the name of Charlotte, I had a slight problem with breakfast, (I must say it was late into the service time, but that is no excuse, and the fault of the cook not the service staff), Charlotte was very very pleasant, professional and very polite from taking my order to the conclusion of the matter, some of my food was cold and some had been under the heat lamps (or where ever they keep it warm) for too way too long, the problem as I saw it was the fact that the cook was prepping too much for the time left in service, plus that creates waste.
The team leader that Charlotte must have talked to came out after me to catch me and refund my money, which he was told to put in staff tips, as it was not about money it was about giving customers good service and food.
Now a more serious point for me being disabled, there is two toilets for disabled on the touring section, blue block and brown block, well unfortunately the one at blue block was not usable due to the fact the door was warped and would not close, and the excuse given was very poor, there should not be an excuse, ''we have a door and just waiting for it to be painted'', these toilets should be priority, most people to be blunt can go and pee in a bush, most disabled can't, I was there for 7 nights and no one had been near the door.....
Then when I went to use the brown block one, the standard of cleaning was left to be desired, went to main reception and got a promise from the cleaning team leader (from the static side of the park not touring side) that she would check it out and do what was needed, well I have to say that she was the second member of staff that really impressed me, Michaella (sorry if spelt wrong) and her team went above and beyond with a fantastic job, I walked in and thought I had walked into a new building, and let me tell you I was really looking to find some grime, dirt cobweb, anything just to point out, but I had to bow to their expertise at doing a fantastic job, now I ask all future visitors to think of the staff that is unseen, unrecognised, doing a thankless task in cleaning the vans that one or two have a whinge about, lot of vans, limited time to do them in, remember it is your mess they are cleaning up, more mess left more time to clean, help them out and done leave too much mess.
SORRY to say haven staff, this is the first time I have had a complaint, but I write as I find and it would not be fair to lie, or to only write when it is good news, and to the readers who in the past have read my reviews and thought I was full of it just writing the good things about Lakeland, well I can only say that I write the truth as I see it with no cherry on top.
No site is perfect (it has guest that sometime spoil it)

Date of stay: September 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay.

I will pass on your kind remarks to Charlotte and Michaela – they will both be delighted to hear that the service they provided was appreciated by yourself.

I am glad that we could rectify the issues that you brought to our attention, i can only apologise that the toilet blocks weren't up to the high standard we pride ourselves in. However, there has been improvements made on Touring since your stay so that issues like this won’t occur again.

The team hopes to welcome you back in 2020.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed in a touring caravan here for a few days in September. The site is quite level , we stayed on the grass field. the hard standings are more expensive and well booked up. The grass pitches suffer from the excessive wet weather that we have had recently. A lot of the pitches are waterlogged, making life difficult for campers in tents!
The toilet block was very well maintained, clean, warm and with lots of water.
We used the site as a base for exploring the Southern end of the Lakes, from Lakeland we found it handy to explore lots of nearby places.
We went swimming each day in the pool which was a little cool but clean and well supervised.
The camp site fees were very cheap! We have been to haven before during school holidays and found them uncomfortably busy. On this occasion it was relatively quiet.
Wi Fi in the complex was good.

Room tip: go out of season
Date of stay: September 2019

Many thanks for your review on your recent stay.

It sounds as though you had a great time exploring the local area and enjoyed many of our facilities. We've had lots of rain lately, a lot more than normal and unfortunately our touring pitches took the brunt of this weather throughout your stay and i can only apologise for this.

We hope to see you again in the near future, when the sun is shining.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Lakeside static caravan was brilliant, clean spacious and had ducks and swans directly outside to feed every day. Main facility’s/clubhouse are a little tired but again clean and fairly well kept. Perfect for families

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for leaving a review on your recent stay.

Isn't it just perfect looking out over the lake at the ducks and swans, something i wish i could wake up to every morning!

I will pass your comments on in regards to the Live Lounge, as we only ever want to improve our park to benefit our guests and with feedback like this you are able to highlight areas of improvement.

Best Wishes,