“Average at best”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 21 Restaurants in Welwyn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Average at best”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Booked as a party of 4 for a Friday lunchtime. Quite quiet, but very light on staff. Overall, the service that we received was poor, with me having to go into the kitchen itself to find a member of staff at one point during the meal. Food was fine but nothing special.

• Visited May 2013
WhiteHorseWelwyn, General Manager at The White Horse, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hi IngleCottage,

Thanks very much for your review and bringing this to my attention. It doesn't seem like you received our usual high standards of both food AND service and I'm very sorry to hear that. We'd love the opportunity to change your mind about us, and I'd like to learn more about your experience with us, please contact me directly at The White Horse on 01438 714366 at your convenience.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
“Best Ribs -Fact!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had dinner here this evening for my husbands birthday with our daughter (20mths). Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Everything on the menu is appealing difficult to choose but you won't be disappointed. After recommendation from waitress I opted to try the ribs and they were AMAZING! All dishes are beautifully presented. They also do a great deal 2 courses for 9.95 (selected courses & timings) which is great value. Do not delay to visit this quaint little pub and fabulous home cooked food!

Hi Daniela,

Thanks very much for your kind words. We cant get enough of our ribs either. The key is slow-cooking for 8-10 hours with a spice rub and homemade bbq-sauce, but enough of the secrets, we wouldn't want you making them at home now would we!

Anyway, thanks for the review, and we hope to catch you again soon. Maybe try Steak Night on a Wednesday if you like good meat?

See you soon,

Palma, Islas Baleares, Spain
“Lunch”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stopped for Saturday lunch; don't be put off by style of menu; food comes out of kitchen a good standard, starter was well made and presented and sandwich was very good. Staff friendly and helpful (asked for TV to be on was no problem)

• Visited May 2013
WhiteHorseWelwyn, Manager at The White Horse, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thanks very much for your review on Saturday lunch, I'm really glad you enjoyed our relaxed atmosphere, good food and friendly service. We've got a shiny new menu for the Summer, so if you're passing, pop in and give it a try.

Thanks Again,

Welwyn, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My friend and I called in for lunch last Friday as I had previously enjoyed both a large organised (15 people near Christmas ) and more casual bar meals in recent months.
The very pleasant girl behind the bar apologised for a few dishes being unavailable from the menu due to an unusually busy Thursday night, but in fact there was still a good choice. We opted for mussels which were plentiful and delicious, with chips for my friend and. Huge chunks of delicious bread for me.
My friend, who has recently moved into the area from London, was very impressed and is going to bring her partner at the weekend. Best so far apparently of the local pubs I've taken her to!

• Visited April 2013
Hi Jill,

Many thanks for your review of your lunch with us in April, we're really glad you enjoyed our food and service. Apologies again for running out of a few items, we hate to disappoint, but due to serving freshly prepared food, it does sometimes happen. Hopefully next time we'll have everything on the menu so your choices aren't limited.

Thanks again for the kind words, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

london
“NYE 2012”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Thankyou The White Horse for a fantastic NYE..stumbled on this venue by chance one Sunday and took a gamble on spending my birthday/New Year here and it really paid off! Ten of us went and all had a great night, sausage baguettes..cocktail bar..champers at midnight and a brilliant singer all made for a great night...will definitely return! !

2 Thank LFC_SG
WhiteHorseWelwyn, Manager at The White Horse, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hi Cara,

Thanks very much for your kind words about our NYE party. I'm really glad you enjoyed yourselves and that we could take part in your new year/birthday celebrations.

Good news: the night was again a success, and we will be keeping the format, price and music the same next year.

Look forward to seeing you before then though ;-)

All the best in 2013,