The White rocks hotel is situated just outside Lassi between the main road and the beach. It is possible to walk into Lassi in 10 - 15 minutes. Walking "through the grounds" is preferable due to a sharp bend on the road, which although not over busy is quite narrow and dark at night. Alternatively taxi’s are very reasonably priced. The hotel covers a large area with bungalows stretching out along the gardens. The hotel is elevated therefore some walking is inevitable, however you don't get views like these without elevation, sunset is particularly attractive from the hotel.
On arrival access to the hotel is down several steps into a bright modern reception, your bags will be taken by porters and delivered to your room, check in is quick, polite and efficient, the staff being very helpful.
The reception and lounge area is very light and furnished well, with an inside bar and glass doors onto a patio area overlooking the sea with adequately comfortable furniture and waiter service from the bar.
The rooms are of various types, from land view, sea view and bungalows. I stayed in a land view room, which was of a good size, tastefully decorated and with a high specification of furnishing. There was more than adequate drawer and cupboard space, mini bar and complimentary safe. Towels ( including pool towels ) and bedding are routinely changed on a daily basis, the maid kept the room spotless! I used the hotel laundry service, which was both very efficient, clothes returned and hung up in the wardrobe within 24hrs, and sensibly priced. One word of caution, it is very easy to catch your hands on the doorframe when opening the doors, but I have been advised by the hotel that this is to be resolved.
Breakfast and evening meals were of a high standard with plenty of choice, although at times the restaurant did get rather busy. The quality and choice of the food being of a high standard, and is topped up before items are depleted.
I am told that an "a la carte" restaurant is to be available next year. The service in the restaurant was excellent with all staff being very efficient, polite and helpful.
The cocktail bar is a few minutes walk from the main building, where it is possible to sit inside or out and enjoy a very pleasant drink.
Entertainment was pretty much non-existent, but apparently this is to be addressed for the 2013 season.
The pool is elevated, very clean and never over crowded, the private beach is small and of sand and shingle, getting in and out of the sea can be tricky as there are large stones covering most of the shore line. There are free sun beds and a small beach bar serving drinks and a selection of snacks serving both the beach and pool.
In summary, this is a very pleasant hotel, it has a very good standard of accommodation and is very tastefully decorated; the staff are all courteous and helpful.
Since getting home I have contacted the hotel and pointed out minor concerns, as expected they have replied, accepting any constructive criticism with reassurances of rectifications intended, I would certainly return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern square building designed by the award winning architect Niko Valsamaki, featuring floor to ceiling openings and clear glass balustrades. Set on the edge of a cliff, in a knock down scenic location with views of the Blue Flag awarded beaches of Platis and Makris Gialos, the White Rocks is found in the ionian island of Kefalonia. On one end of the property, a sloping path leads down to the hotel's private and peaceful beachfront and on the other side steps from the hotel grounds lead directly down to the most famous sandy and vibrant beaches of the island.The complex is comprised of a main building as well as a bungalows wing and has 162 guestrooms and suites scattered around the property. The 60000 square meters seafront property, is filled with well-maintained Mediterranean vegetation with pines palm trees and bougainvillea and enjoys amazing sea views from every vantage point. A vast air-conditioned Lobby Lounge with standout interior design and Lobby bar with Sun terrace are centrally located in the main building. A lift and a ramp takes you to the Dining Room serving buffet breakfast and dinner. Stairs down to a ground floor Lungomare a la la Carte Restaurant serving set menu a la carte and set menu lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rocks Hotel And Bungalows
- Hotel White Rocks
- White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows Greece/Cephalonia - Platis Gialos