All reviewsingon manorgolf breakthe barnfantastic conditionwedding venuedinner breakfastsecret escapes dealcourse mealdecent breakfastbottle of proseccobirthday presentreception teamfriendly welcomelovely surroundingslovely bathroompuddingmain course
Reviewed July 21, 2018

This venue really was amazing. Beth really was brilliant. With all the stress and worrying over how the venue would look on the day or where things would go, Beth re-assured us with everything and was amazing throughout the day! Beth and Holly made sure everything ran smoothly during the day which we are so grateful for. Our wedding day was the absolute best and nothing went wrong!! Again, a massive thank you to all the staff that helped on the day. I would highly recommend this beautiful venue!!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2018

Just home from a relaxing break at this great hotel. The staff are exceptionally nice. We were shown to our room by a young lady who could not have been more pleasant . As the weather has been warm she quickly supplied us with a floor standing fan on request. In fact all the staff worked hard at making our short stay memorable. Our room faced the golf course with chairs and a small paved area. It was well furnished - appeared to have been recently decorated with a very comfy bed. Bathroom was modern, clean and spacious. No noise from other rooms could be heard. Our break included dinner on both nights, and the menu was varied. Well presented delicious food. Good wine list.
We were able to book two rounds of golf, one on the website before we arrived and one whilst there. The course has some interesting holes, and was in good condition in spite of the recent hot weather. Thank you - we will return.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
beverley h, Owner at The Stratford Park Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Thank you for your lovely honest review, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your break hare with us. We shall look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

I was taken to The Stratford Park Hotel as a surprise weekend away for my birthday. On arrival a lovely young girl greeted us and wished me happy birthday. She then checked us in and offered to help us with our luggage. We were promptly shown to our room and although I have read the reviews that have described the rooms as dirty, I can only say ours was very clean with all the little extras needed to make the room comfortable, along with a birthday card and flowers which I thought was a nice personal touch. Dinner was great, attention to detail, very relaxed and once again friendly staff and a free glass of bubbles for my birthday.
After dinner we asked the girl on reception about places to visit while we stayed there. We were given several leaflets and really good advice.. Breakfast each day was really fresh. I did particularly like the scrambled eggs. We enjoyed the whole experience of the hotel and Stratford. To conclude in my experience most things come down to the training of staff. This hotel has got it spot on, even the groundsman shouted good morning and wished us a pleasant stay. We will be back and we will recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us & its so lovely of you to acknowledge our wonderful staff here in your review. I will make sure this review is seen by all members of our team here.We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

What more can you say! Stayed & played. Really enjoyable golf course with freaindly staff. Food was superb. Very good staff & great breakfast. Look forward to coming again next year with the society. Oh good beer as well!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank acegear1

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I booked three rooms for six people to stay and play golf at the Stratford Park Hotel. On arrival I was asked to pay for my package in full (normally full payment is made on check out) but now I know why.

Golf Stay

We was due to tee off at 9.30 am on the Sunday morning as we had made plans for the afternoon. I was then told that my golf would not be honoured as we hadn't paid for it. This was clearly a mistake as I had email confirmation that stated it was included in the package and we were booked for 9.30 am. When I produced the email the manager stepped in and said a member of staff had made a mistake with our booking and she would not be honouring the 9.30 am slot. She did not even apologise for the error but simply said we could go somewhere else. I asked if she was able to assist with the transfer and she laughed and said No and she wouldn't be refunding our payment either! I could not believe what I was hearing. We were a group of six people so it was not easy to book at another hotel so we decided to stay and make the most of Stratford.

Rooms

Our "Superior Room" had a view of a sewerage chamber and a building site. There was no toilet paper and the bed sheets were dirty.

Breakfast

If you like stale, hard croissants and used teabags then you will be fine. I didn't even look at the cooked breakfast as the hygiene was simply unacceptable.

Customer Service

The rudest manager I have ever come across. She was abusive and not helpful in the least. I asked for her a copy of her complaints policy and she said there wasn't one and she was the manager and owner! I am not entirely sure if this was true.

To summarise, Stratford is a lovely place to visit and there are plenty of great places (with or without golf courses) to stay. This hotel is a disaster with a manager who doesn't care about her clients (nor her staff).

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends