“Delicious”

The Comfort Food Cafe
Ranked #62 of 192 Restaurants in Truro
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

We've eaten brunch and lunch here. Our favourite cafe in Truro so far. Massive portions of delicious food. The chicken and chorizo quiche was amazing. Lovely and friendly not at all pretentious.

Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I visited as she really wanted pancakes for breakfast and this was the only place I could find in Truro. In entering we weren't greeted although we're definitely seen by the lady behind the counter. The cafe itself is a bit grubby - floor looks like it could do with a clean and the clutter behind the counter gives the impression that maybe cleanliness and tidiness is not their highly important to them. I stayed however (for the pancakes!). There was no atmosphere - due to the lack of music and/or customers.
We ordered a hot chocolate, cappuccino, pancakes and toast which came to under £10 which I thought seemed reasonable, however, I needed to put a lot of sugar in my cappuccino to make it drinkable (I don't usually take any sugar in a decent coffee), and the toast was made from the cheapest sliced white bread (probably bought from the co op next door), spread with nasty marg and served with cheap jam. I personally feel that for £1.80 I should have been served some decent bread and butter portions rather than having someone else spread my toast for me - yuck!
My daughter enjoyed her pancakes and hot chocolate but unfortunately we won't be recommending this place or returning.

Madaline M, Owner at The Comfort Food Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2016

Hi, thanks for your review.

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your toast and jam, however; just for the record, we do not use the cheapest bread, nor the cheapest jam and we spread butter on our toast,not margarine: separate butter is available on request. We are a small family run affair so do not possess the finances to fit out our shop like the chains you see around Truro, but what we have we clean down throughly every night, this includes mopping the floor.

Sorry for your experience, but I'm glad that your daughter enjoyed the meal that you came for.

Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

We have just finished having lunch in this quaint little café, it's tucked away in Cathedral Lane but well worth finding. The food was excellent and plentiful as was the coffee, even the children's portions were big, and to top it off the prices are extremely reasonable.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our meals here! My boyfriend had 'The Works Breakfast' and I had the chili bowl with proper, homemade chips (so rare to find proper chips, yet have found them in 2 restaurants/cafes in Cornwall!). Both meals were lovely, clean spacious dinging room, friendly service and reasonably priced. The only reason I haven't given them a 5 star rating is because there is only one toilet which is shared, but that's fairly minor given that the food is so good!

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

Wife loved the steak baguette loads of meat and cooked well. I wasn't as impressed with my ham and eggs. Ham was dry and crusty and eggs were over cooked so not runny. Disappointing. No check back to see if everything was OK. Place was quiet so could have been done easily.