“Needed to eat after moving house”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #72 of 189 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We visited here on a Saturday in January. My husband went to park the car while I went to see if there was a table. The place wasn't full although a few tables had been pushed together for groups. One of the waiters was dealing with a payment from a customer. I must have stood there for at least 10 minutes before any eye contact was made with me to say they would be with me shortly. Always a really bad start as that costs nothing but at least makes you feel noticed. My husband had eventually come back and we were still waiting. We were then told that they would clear a table, there were 5 of us, and we were left standing. There is no where to sit while waiting. Eventually we were shown to our seats. I felt that this was a poor start to the meal. The food is always good and we like the pizzas here but the first impression is not helpful. Please fix this as it is not a cheap option for a quick meal out in Truro.

2  Thank Terrye T

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Came here with a voucher on Friday 10th. There was a really nice waiter Filepe working who was really attentive and hard working. Lovely mannerism and was quick with his service. Food was of good quality and came quickly. Will be back again. Just lacks a great atmosphere

1  Thank PuddingElephant
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I cannot even be bothered to write everything which made me feel singled out and uncomfortable with my family just please don't bother

3  Thank niinabubz
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Premium price for average food with no customer service at all. Definitely will not return as there is absolutely no consideration for their customers at all. It took 45 minutes to get two small pizzas when it wasn't even full.
Not told of a long wait when ordering and we didn't even see another member of staff until the pizzas arrived 45 minutes later as I was just about to pay for the drinks and leave.
Can't understand the delay for what is basic food that they prepare all the time.
The waiter was really apologetic when he gave us the bill and gave us a 20% discount.
Overall rubbish service for a place with a lot of staff and average food.. Definitely not worth the premium price..

1  Thank stayrich
Reviewed December 20, 2013

If you are going to eat here its only worth it with the weekday vouchers at weekends it very overpriced and a poor experience. Its functional fast food and works if you don't have a burger joint close by. There is little atmosphere, functional staff a manager making boxes and little else. However the loos are dire, unisex and sticky shared out the back with a public access area and the tea room above. I will not return.

1  Thank rob p