“Character!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Character!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I too was surprised at so much negativity! We stumbled on this place very late in the day, just as they were closing, and they were absolutely fine. Served us tea and cakes, chatted to us and very friendly. The tea was loose leaf and good and the gluten free cakes delicious. The decor was wonderful! Would certainly go back.

• Visited July 2013

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Dont bother!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Left waiting to be seated outside the tea-room.No one came to explain how long the possible wait would be.But apart from that they are rude,rude ,rude!! Walked out in the end.Don"t waste your time going there.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank teresa t
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Traditional Tea Rooms”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

What a delightful Tea Room. Had a lovely pot of loose Darjeeling tea, bit overpriced but by comparison to some cups of tea I have here and there, sometimes unrecognisable as tea, it was worth every penny. Service was a bit of a giggle with white starched pinnies and hats, it was a little like 'Acorn Antiques' . Which leads me on very nicely to the fact that they do sell antiques too! I actually bought one of their cut glass sugar bowls with amazing tweezers to pick up the sugar cubes integrated into the lid! If you're in Truro you must call in for a cup of tea at least.

• Visited June 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Lovely cream tea”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am surprised by some of the rather cynical reviews here -- I enjoyed my tea at Charlotte's, which was much as I expected it to be. The cream tea was generous, with two large scones (both plain, which I prefer to fruit, but this may vary) and a pot of tea that was sufficient for at least three or so cups. The clotted cream was excellent and plentiful, as was the jam. The service was not particularly attentive, but I prefer that to the simpering that I occasionally find at similar establishments. All in all, a very good experience with a wonderful street view of Truro to boot (get a table by the window if you can!).

• Visited June 2013
Sheffield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charlottes Teahouse”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We went here for tea and cakes. I was appalled when the bill came and found i was charged £5 for a slice of carrot cake which was nothing special. I found this to be a total rip off and if they are to charge these amounts then they should include prices when ordering so you are not shocked at the bill!

Visited May 2013