“Quills”

Quills Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Quills provides a relaxed and comfortable environment where you can enjoy quality food and experience 'relaxed fine dining' without all the frippery and fuss. We have created an intimate basement dining room with its own distinctive style. You can enjoy superb quality food cooked in-house from the best local ingredients we can source. As our menu changes monthly, you can always find a tempting choice of seasonal dishes imaginatively prepared and presented. All the restaurant furniture is different with nothing matching creating a quirky and cosy environment, a wood burning stove adds extra cosiness in the winter. We have a full wine list to match all tastes and budgets with many served by the glass. To create our menus the emphasis is on flavour and bringing out the best in the individual ingredients so they shine through. Everything is made in the kitchen from breads, sauces, ice creams and desserts. We think Quills is ideal for a get together with friends, a romantic meal or just a great evening out. Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I together with her sister and her partner booked a table for four. It was Jazz night and this together with the absolutely stunning food made the evening. The welcome was great and the service exceptional. I would happily recommend this venue to friends and family.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We came to the wig and pen for a pre Christmas meal, we thought we would try quills their restaurant. From the second we walked through the door we were treated to excellent service. We arrived to find a beautiful roaring fire, quite a treat with the dreadful weather outside, coat hooks for our coats close to the table, which I think is brilliant I like to see my coat without having it drag on the floor from the back of my chair. The food was utterly to die for, from the unusual bread selection to the homemade truffle with our coffee. The whole meal was homemade, and attention to detail second to none. Service excellent and effortless, nothing was to much!! If you've not been you should try it, it won't be long before it's not such a secret

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time here and I have to say it was very good.

Had 3 courses, scallop scampi followed by belly pork and chocolate orange mouse cake, all delicious and perfectly cooked. Everyone enjoyed their meal.

The ambience was lovely and warming, perfect for the festive season and for the group work party.

Very good.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

My first visit here, (restaurant downstairs). We were a party of 11 women and had the place to ourselves, it was a Tuesday night. The room had the effect of an old fashioned, elegant dining room and felt quite intimate. The food which we had pre ordered was well cooked and well received although I would have preferred more vegetables. I would be interested in seeing the usual menu and may go back as I liked the atmosphere and the staff were very helpful.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I found Quills to be a hidden gem in the heart of Truro. Not many people I spoke to had heard of this restaurant, however it is right up there as one of the best.

The ambiance is fantastic, such a romantic setting eating by candle light.

The food was amazing, and the little things like hot bread rolls made with chocolate and chilli, then a taster being brought out of salmon and beetroot, these little things make the experience of dining here memorable.

The food itself was fine dining at its best, the flavours amazing and very well presented. The waitress was very attentive without being overbearing.