“Beautiful”
Review of Truro Cathedral

Truro Cathedral
Ranked #1 of 42 things to do in Truro
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This a beautiful, well maintained Cathedral in the heart of Truro. It is open to the public during the day, and probably in the evening, though I am not sure about this. As there were no events on in the Cathedral, we were free to walk around and look in amazement at the beautiful stained glass windows. There were singers on the steps to the Cathedral and at this time of year, I understand there are plenty of events in and around the Cathedral. It is well worth a visit, and holds lots of history and interesting facts. The outside of the building has been cleaned recently and stands out as you drive into Truro, making a lovely picture if you can find somewhere to stop on the way in!!! Well worth a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Beautiful building, voices and a warm welcome for all, whether religious or not. 4pm on Sundays. Bring a warm jumper so you can sit still and wonder at the sights and sounds for an hour.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I went on a bit of a dreary day so inside it was not very bright. However when you get inside I was welcomed by a staff member and offered to purchase a catalogue which I declined. I wanted to take several photos but was notified that I had to have a permit license which was rather strange but I could only take one photo so I am including the only one photo of the inside that I was permitted to take! There was a lovely feeling of peace inside the cathedral and people were respectful of such a holy place.
The one thing I could not understand was why there was a statue of King George V outside the entrance as one of the statues?! I asked about it as the cathedral is relatively new started in late 1800's and finished in the early 1900's. Not sure why! Lovely place to sit and meditate.
Enjoy.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a lovely place to visit. A tranquil and small cathedral but with lots to see and read. Flowers around were delightful. Shop was reasonably priced and the staff happy and cheery.Well worth a look. Didn't eat in cafe but it looked and smelled very welcoming

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just amazing. Beautiful,spiritual,bliss.Been many times and hopefully many more to come. If you visit Truro please leave an hour for the cathedral. You will never forget it.