“I could live here!”

The Townhouse Rooms
Ranked #3 of 19 Truro B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have been staying at the TownHouse whenever I visit Truro for work during the last year.
As a young (ish) female travelling alone I've always felt so safe and comfortable here. The owner is so welcoming, always takes me to my room and checks all is ok. I've stayed in three different rooms and they are so clean, cosy and beautiful. I've even taken tips for how I want my room at home!
The kitchen is open to be used whenever which I love! There is a real homely vibe to this place. The breakfast is continental and help yourself which has always suited me. Oh and there's always a cake waiting in the kitchen as a snack with a cup of tea! 100% recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for The Townhouse Rooms

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Recently stayed here for a night, £35 each including breakfast! Not an ideal location at the top of a hill which is a bit of a walk, room was very clean but bath tub had hairs on the side! Was welcomed by a young girl but it didn't feel a very warm welcome. Breakfast was served from 6:30-10:00 with the price we paid I was expecting more of a hot breakfast but it was continental. Cereal, crumpets and toast! Not impressed with breakfast at all so really we paid £35 for an average room wouldn't recommend to people who don't like a long walk out of town to the hotel! Not the best location and won't be staying there again!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank LP1412
DEANJAMES, General Manager at The Townhouse Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guests number LP1412

I am sorry to read in your review you thought your stay was costly and also surprised! given the fact that one of you ladies rang and booked a Standard En-Suite Double Room and also was informed when you asked the rate for a 2 Guest occupancy was £69 per Room per night which included a Continental Breakfast & vat this is also repeated in all our advertising and website.
Included in all our rates is an all day and evening endless supply of orange juice, yogurts, cheeses, breads, fresh cakes, coffee and large range of teas and soft drink! free of charge as its all included in our Rate as I've said. The walk from the Townhouse Rooms is about 5 minutes!
to the Centre of Truro depending on your age and fitness or a taxi will cost £2.30 if neither of these conditions allows you to walk.
I am sorry you found our housekeeping not up to our high standard as all other reviews will bear out, and if you had told us right away of anything you found not to your liking we would have put it right straight away or even said in the Morning when asked if everything was alright with your stay.
We thank you for staying with us and sorry you did not enjoy it but clearly we are not for you. we will find out who was on reception when you booked in and if anything was nor correct will do some further training with staff if warranted. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed for one night, what a great B & B spotlessly clean, good value for money, rooms lovely, great breakfast, no hot breakfast served but a wonderful selection of cereals, croissants, crumpets, fruit, everything you could want.
A friendly welcome will defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with a colleague which was booked via work. Excellent rooms and the owners were extremely helpful and friendly. Hotel is located within walking distance of the centre. Very clean rooms, (mine had a four poster!) brilliant breakfast choices and free wifi, perfect. Would not hesitate to book again. Thanks again for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The Townhouse is within walking distance of the City of Truro albeit up a bit of a hill, but not that bad. We went to a concert at the Hall for Cornwall and decided to make a treat of it and stay for a couple of nights to do some shopping. Hadn't expected much from the stay as we hadn't seen the rooms when booking but we were really surprised - lovely comfy beds, well appointed room with much attention to detail, quiet location at the back overlooking an unexpectedly delightful garden. Excellent and fresh choice for continental breakfast in a designated kitchen/dining room which was open for tea/coffee or takeaways during the day. Will definitely be returning again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Townhouse Rooms. We had a room at the back of the property well away from the noise of the main road. The room was really nicely furnished with a great ensuite bathroom. The breakfast room had a good range of eats and the location is perfect for exploring southern and central Cornwall. The free wifi was a nice bonus and we would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were a team of 4 travelling for work and were greeted by the owner's sister who was so friendly and welcoming, we couldn't have asked for more. Each of the four rooms were definitely top notch and decorated/furnished with attention to detail. Very clean, hot power showers. We were amazed too by the offering of home made cakes and snacks from the open house style kitchen after we'd arrived. Can't recommend this The Townhouse enough - def not your usual B&B! I even left my iPad in my room and received a call from Imogen letting me know (wouldn't happen if staying anywhere else I bet!) so I nipped back and collected.

Room Tip: Nice restaurants just down the hill in to Truro - a couple of bistros, nice Indian a short walk as w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
The County Arms
The Ship and Castle Hotel
Cliftons
Cliftons
#4 of 19 in Truro

Been to The Townhouse Rooms? Share your experiences!