“Brilliant, perfectly executed interiors, wonderful staff and delicious food”
Review of Sams in the City

Sams in the City
Ranked #10 of 177 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Brilliant, perfectly executed interiors, wonderful staff and delicious food”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We arrived to a very busy lunch. No problem, quickly shown a table which quickly followed by delicious milkshakes and excellent children's fish n chips, adult calamari and rib eye steak. Couldn't ask for more and great value as well, keep up the good work! Only crit is that there could have been lemon sliced with the calamari but this really was our only gripe!

St Austell, Cornwall
“A new restaurant that feels like its been there for years, with fantastic food, funky tunes and friendly staff”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Went to Sams last night with the Mrs 2 friends and our 5 kids. Its always nice to be in a place where you don't have to worry about the kids making noise and the youngest one was busy colouring in the Sams tattoos you get on the back of the kids menu. Pints of red stripe flowed while we weighed up the numerous burger options and munched on some garlic bread (the cheesey one with chilli sauce was my favourite). Apart from one fish and chips it was burgers all round with my mate going for the chilli burger and me the half pounder deluxe. All the rest had cheeseburgers and everyone it agreed it was the best burger they had eaten in ages. From the bun through to the burger itself was a quality experience with plenty of chips and in my case, no coleslaw (food of the devil in my opinion) but the rest of them all cleared everything off their plates so the coleslaw must be good!

The kids even found room for dessert and the chocolate fudge cake and Eden mess went down a treat. I was even pleasantly surprised when I got the bill which I expected to be more for what we had.

Highly recommended for families and big kids alike!

Cornwall
“Generally very good”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Lovely atmosphere inside. Love the decor!

Only gripe is its not great if your a vege (that doesnt eat fish). Only main options were a goats cheese salad and a vege burger. The vege burger was a bit uninspiring and bland served in a plain seeded (supermarket style) bap. Was expecting more of a 'gourmet' burger experience.

Other than that, if you eat meat/fish, plenty of options and great food!

Please add a few more vege options :)

Exeter, United Kingdom
“They have done it again! ”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

After being a regular at the Sams in Fowey, I was very excited for the opening of Sams in the city in Truro. I am thrilled to say that is has exceeded my expectations which were already set at a high standard. The design of the building is stunning and the food is just to die for. The portions are very generous, but this doesn't mean they lack flavour because I went for the ribs and they were spot on how ribs should be cooked! They are a must try for everyone! Over all this restaurant is outstanding and the owners have hit the nail on the head. They should be very proud. I will definitely be coming back for more very soon!

Truro, United Kingdom
“What a lovely relaxed place, had to wait 35mins for a table but worth the wait”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Took my wife out for meal, friendly welcome told us there was a 30min wait, pleased we stayed, bar man making sure we ok for drinks ordered our food didn't have to wait to long starters were delightful & mains were good sized portions & tasted Devine !!!! Left feeling full, happy & we will without doubt be back