“Love it”

Ranked #28 of 189 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Freshly-cooked, inspired vegetarian and vegan food is what Archie Browns is best known for. Using fresh, local ingredients with the best of seasonal produce, the menu always incorporates food that is new, interesting and exciting!
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Popped in here yesterday with my daughter, I frequently buy from the shop when in Truro and have always meant to try the cafe upstairs. What an amazing treat, we really couldn't decide on what to choose, everything on the menu appealed, we then spotted a tasting platter for two, soup, refried bean enchiladas, falafel, bean salad, humus, beetroot and goats cheese tart tatin, plus something else we can't remember what it was called. It was all delicious and there was so much we had to have a box to take a portion home. No room for desert, however I did buy a slice of raw chocolate torte to try at home, also delicious. Will definitely go back and it will always be my first choice when having lunch in Truro. I would recommend this for both vegetarians and non-veggies.

1  Thank lil63

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We’ve been here before and had been very impressed and this time was just as good. Three of us had Calzone, Quesadilla and Lasagne. All excellent, tasty and innovative and served with light but filling salads.
Staff friendly and the dining area is light and pleasant.
This is inventive, thoughtful and tasty vegetarian food lacking the stodginess that some vegetarian cafes bring. A lovely experience and strongly recommended.

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I popped in here during a lunch break. I had no idea what to have so asked the girl behind the counter. She advised I have a humus and salad pitta which was lovely but slightly bland. I'll definitely be back soon to try some more of the menu

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here several times before and took my husband who had never tried it before Christmas.

I had the veggie pate which was really scrummy as always. My husband looked a bit horrified at the prospect of a vegetarian menu but ordered soup after finding the homity pie had run out (shame as is so tasty) He came away singing is praises!

Love eating here, staff are friendly, food is good, my only grumbles are that is a little more expensive than i'd usually pay for lunch out so it's a treat, and it can sometimes be a little chilly.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We visited Truro in December and decided to give a Archie Brown's vegetarian restaurant a try. Are we glad we did...and we went back again and again whilst we were in Truro. We really enjoyed the food there. But the cakes were FANTASTIC. I even tried the vegan chocolate and banana cake, half expecting it to be a bit dry but it was totally delicious.The staff were friendly and pleasant but extra kudos goes to their chef, who presumably is also cake-maker in chief. When my husband discovered it was a lady chef, he was ready for putting in for a divorce and proposing marriage to her! Whoever said that the way to a man's heart was through his stomach had obviously met my husband

We will definitely go back there when we next visit. The only thing I would say is if you go for a late lunch then your choice is naturally limited as the more popular lines are sold out...but that is probably the same for most small restaurants and cafes.