“Nothing phased them!”

Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was part of a party of 30+ wedding guests, en route to the reception. As we were too early (due to the awful weather) to board a boat to Falmouth we "dropped into" the Trennick Mill for a drink & to dodge the rain! The staff were very obliging & nothing was too much trouble. The following evening I went there for dinner which was excellent. Very nice atmosphere, discreet staff, super food at a reasonable price & pleasant views. Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I'm trying to find fault because nowhere is perfect but Trennick Mill could be! The menu was a little limited for fussy people to the extent I had to plump for a prawn cocktail to start, I'm glad I did it was out of this world. A brilliant twist on an old favourite. I chose the rump steak, not my favourite cut. I prefer a fillet but this rump was cooked to perfection accompanied by jus/butter, I chose savoy cabbage with pancetta for a side. Everything was perfect and worked perfectly. Unfortunately desert was awful. I had an Eton mess that I didn't enjoy playing,us it was full of nuts that wasn't mentioned on the menu. I do not like nuts but I think it ought to be mentioned in case of allergies.
We visit a different restaurant once a fortnight and this is right up there at the top. I would love return and wish them every success with your new venture.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Trennick Mill advertises itself as a "Fine Dining" experience and it most certainly is! The food is excellent and the atmosphere brilliant; the log fire really adds to the intimate feel. The staff are friendly, the menu is interestingly different and the prices reasonable.
Set by the river in Truro and overlooking a pretty park it really is the ideal place for a good night out.
If you want to impress the person in your life book a table and let the restaurant do the rest.

2  Thank JEFF S
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This much loved restaurant has now been re-opened under its original name and in the capable ownership of John and Hanna Calland, who for the past three years have successfully turned The Old Quay Inn at Devoran into a thriving village pub. Trennick Mill is run by John's brother Ged Calland, who is a reputable chef of 20 years experience with restaurants which include Hambledon Hall in Rutland and Heston Blumenthal's Hind's Head in Berkshire. Trennick Mill is a delightful venue with a riverside view across Boscawen Park on the edge of Truro. The evening we arrived it was just getting dark on a bitterly cold March day the restaurant was lit up and looking much like a wayside alpine inn, with a blazing fire and a warm welcome inside.
The menu is a sensible size with approximately six starters and six main dishes to suit most tastes and reasonably priced. Our starters included a very good crab bisque and full marks for an interesting and delicious vegetarian main course. The "catch of the day" with a clever combination of vegetables with a Nicoise theme and the puds were equally delicious! Truro will count itself very lucky to have this much loved restaurant in such capable hands. Although a popular lunchtime venue I strongly suggest that the locals make an evening booking before the summer visitors discover it's delights for themselves!

2  Thank Wendy S