“Food better than service”
Review of Fodders

Fodders
Ranked #99 of 181 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: British
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The food we had was excellent, freshly cooked, different and reasonably priced. The coffee was fine too
But Lucyfin's review elsewhere here is worrying. Like her, I have used Fodders off and on for at least a decade. The owner does need to sharpen up her act, though I suspect she will not read this. The slightly offhand and "we're not serving yet" approach is not commensurate with the food. Sadly, it is commensurate with much of what passes for service in independents in Cornwall and the south west
I shall return again because of the food - but this place could be so, so good. But I rather get the impression it does not want to be and is happy as it is, take it or leave it

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Had a very good cup of Coffee here didnt eat so cannot comment on the content but the menu was not that extensive

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Food was amazing. Lots of choice & delicious. Atmosphere was great & staff were lovely. U can sit outside or go upstairs in the warm, cosy part upstairs. If u want lunch in Truro this is the place!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have eaten lunch in Fodders for years, but today had a most unpleasant experience. I order the plum and almond tart for pudding which looked yummy. When it arrived at our table my husband noticed immediately that it had mould growing on it.I took it to the lady who served me(sure she is the owner)who said 'sorry it looked alright when I put it out this morning). She put on her glasses examined the rest of the tart and said,' better not risk it there's mould growing in the middle too'.Then she asked if I would like another pudding. There were no further words of apology,and when I went to the till to pay she charged for the replacement pudding and the meal too a tidy £28 for the 2 of us. I was completely taken aback to the point that unusually for me I said nothing. I shall never return again, had she made any attempt at smoothing things over, a complimentary coffee or free pudding even, I would have felt she had taken it seriously, at the very least a profuse apology should have happened.

2  Thank Lucy F
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were looking for a quick lunch in Truro and stumbled across Fodders down a little side street. The restaurant area is up some stairs (there's a coffee bar on the ground floor).
It's a roomy, light, relaxing area, with high ceilings, and decorated with those old poster adverts from decades back. Really pleasant place, and with friendly staff as well.
The menu covers snacks and light meals, with some imaginative combos for the open sandwiches, and a good range of drinks. There are both veggie and vegan options as well as some meaty ones. Our food was served in good time, and it was delicious. But the whole time I had one eye on the desserts - there were several really tempting home-made cakes on offer, which simply could not be resisted.
What a great little find.