“Good basic B&B”
Review of Truro Pink House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Truro
Truro Pink House
Ranked #17 of 19 Truro B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had difficulty finding a room in Truro for a business trip which I had to book at short notice. I was glad to find a room in a very convenient location (between the railway and the city centre). My room was clean and comfortable. Facilities included Wi Fi which worked well, TV and a tea tray. Although my room was at the front and on a busy main road the traffic quietened down at night and did not disturb me despite having the window open. Rooms are not ensuite but there is a clean and well equipped bathroom with a good shower. Breakfast was cooked to order by the friendly owner and served in her front room which was very homely. I taxi was ordered for me in the morning and arrived promptly. I was made to feel welcome and would stay at the Pink House again if I was visiting Truro.

Room Tip: My room was at the front which is on a busy main road. I thought I would be kept awake by traffic no...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had an amazing welcome of Rita and Christine the other day, they couldn't have been more helpful or welcoming. My daughter was taken in to hospital for a few days so I had to travel up from Wales to see my daughter who was in hospital. They made me feel at home at a worrying time in my life and reassured me and generality comfort me as well as trying to accommodated my needs as best as could be done. The B and B its self was ideal for what I needed, the owner was very welcoming and will defiantly be staying here in future! Very clean, welcoming, amazing staff, great food! Thank you again.
Love Gillian (the strange welsh lady) and her daughter Chloe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 888gillian123
Reviewed July 26, 2013

From the first review we read on tripadvisor we expected the worst. However, those people must have stayed at a different b and b, as fortunately our stay there was far from this. The rooms were clean and tidy, with all the required necessities, along with comfy beds. Location is ideal in the heart of Truro (and the pink house helps a lot when finding the b and b after a trip down the local). The owners were very friendly and welcoming, as well as reliable. The only bad point would be that there is no parking until after 6pm, however we found ways around this. All in all I would not hesitate to return and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The workers.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We've just got back from a stay at this wonderful B&B and decided to write a review as we were so impressed. The owners were, without exception, very friendly, and genuinely interested in helping and making our stay a pleasant one. They simply couldn't do enough. I have never come across nicer staff at any hotel anywhere. The full English in the morning was excellent - the fresh ground coffee was just beautiful - and plenty of it. Our room was large with an enormous bed, a wardrobe and just about everything else one could wish for. The bathroom was clean and very well equipped. I'm very hard to please and will usually only stay 4 or 5 star, but this trip was arranged for me, so I had to go with the flow. I was so delighted with everything at The Truro Pink House that I definitely will return, and I'm sure we will be looked after as well again as we were this trip. Incidentally, the town centre is a short walk away, which is a bonus; and I was pleasantly surprised that this establishment is totally gay friendly.

Room Tip: The Double room has everything and is soo lovely!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mansman13
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good location – close to pretty much everything in Truro
Good strong internet
Breakfast OK although I have had fresher eggs
On the other hand...
Filthy, peeling wallpaper – I wouldn't put any guest of mine in a room this disgusting, I certainly wouldn't charge for the dubious privilege
No parking – single yellow line outside. Didn't see a timeplate but it's likely 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday – seems to be ok to park on a Sunday
In spite of the 'No Smoking' signs everywhere, this is most definitely NOT a non-smoking establishment and if you find the smell of somebody else's cigarette smoke offensive, particularly when eating, give this place a miss
Nowhere to hang anything – a chest of 5 dirty, evil smelling drawers (the top one full of Tesco carriers bags – I didn't check if they were empty) but no wardrobe, not even a rail to hang anything on. I hung my skirt on the hanger I had with me, among the cobwebs on the wall light fitting (only one bulb of which was working while I was there, in spite of mine hostess's assurance when I arrived that she would replace the not-working one)
The smell – poorly disguised smoking smells, overpowering 'room freshener' smells.
No en-suite (I did find this out when I booked); one thin, scratchy towel; used, hairy soap in bedroom (washbasin)
At £35 per person per night this would be very poor value for 2 people staying - even Premier Inn is cheaper than that if you book early enough. Given the above, I considered it pretty poor value for one..

Room Tip: Don't go for the single room with washbasin - it's possible that one of the other 3 rooms is...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo