“Always friendly service”

Ranked #1 of 19 Truro B&B and Inns
Truro, United Kingdom
“Always friendly service”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have been to the old vicarage over a dozen times now for lunch and afternoon teas!! Fantastic
Food and smiley freindly service!! Really enjoyed our lunch today, even though it was exstremly busy, we had super lunch - fresh food and service. We have told many of our friends, who have also visitied :-) we recommend the tranquil atmosphere and beautiful views, plus the added bonus of a visiting duck and her 9 ducklings!!

Thank you the vicarage!!
Mrs Claire Cotton

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Bristol
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've stayed here several times now and each time have had a lovely stay. As other reviewers have mentioned, the Old Vicarage is in St Clements, minutes away from central Truro. It's not the easiest place to find, especially on a dark November night but well worth the effort. Access is down a narrow lane with little or no lighting and as my satnav couldn't pinpoint the exact location on my first visit - I ended up parking the car and walking around the village until I found it. Even in daylight it's not that easy to find and I nearly went astray. Parking is also rather limited, or seemed to be and can take some manoeuvring to get in and out.
Each time I've stayed in one of the smaller rooms, not a lot of space but each clean, decorated to a high standard and very comfortable - one with views out over the garden towards the river and one looking out towards the church. The decor is modern, lots of clean lines but in keeping with the age of the house. I believe either rooms are more opulently furnished.
No matter what time I've arrived (and I was very late, that first time) I've had a warm welcome. The staff are very friendly and make you feel at home. What I particularly enjoyed while eating a well cooked breakfast in the downstairs kitchen / dining room was watching the semi-tame pheasants being fed (until the ducks muscled in on the action!) on the terrace at the back of the house which leads to the well tended gardens and access to the riverside walk.
Truro is not a cheap place to stay and there are some really nice alternatives nearby but this is my favourite. I'm looking forward to returning for a leisure trip rather than when working in the area on business and being able to spend more time relaxing and exploring the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lazyjanie
Telki, Hungary
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have spent here 5 nights travelling around Cornwall, staying in 2 rooms:
+ great location, in easy reach to the most important sights of Cornwall
+ spacious & very tastefully decorated interior, view to the river
+ perfectly clean & tidy rooms & bathrooms
+ very nice garden, right at the riverbank

- breakfast selection to be improved (though quality was but)

1 Thank Laszlo B
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Far From the Maddening Crowd of Truro this beautiful St Clement Gem offers 5 Star accommodation just a stones throw from Town. Quite, Comfortable Relaxing in Good company with good food what more could you ask for and what more do you want

Room Tip: The Room with the view is best for watching the wild Life
2 Thank Eddie P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

A really beautiful, and luxuriously fitted, B&B in an idyllic setting. The views from my bedroom were just fantastic.

I didn't get a chance to sample the tea shop but I have no doubt that this also will be superb!

1 Thank grog57
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My Mom was taken out for lunch here and she brought the whole family down for the day, best lunch I have had in ages, the panini was gorgeous, the garden is beautiful.
Stunning walks along the river also.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Taor
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I spent 4 nights at The Old Vicarage in July of 2013. I had read excellent reviews beforehand and hoped I wouldn't be disappointed. I certainly was not at all disappointed. I absolutely fell in love with it. I had a lovely room facing the tranquil river--one of the nicest rooms I have ever been in--better than most hotel rooms I have had, and I have done a lot of traveling. The setting was amazing (replete with ducks and other lovely birds),and the owners and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast choices were delicious, as were the cakes and scones I ordered in the afternoon. I heartily recommend this bed and breakfast. I hope to go back someday. By all means, go in the old adjacent church--incredible.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Nancy L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
The Alverton
#1 of 23 in Falmouth
Driftwood Hotel
Driftwood Hotel
#1 of 2 in Trewithian

Been to The Old Vicarage? Share your experiences!