“Can't fault it! Spot on!”
Review of The Lemon Tree Cafe Bistro - CLOSED

The Lemon Tree Cafe Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a 20 seater Cafe/Bistro tucked behind Truro Cathedral with ample parking just opposite. We serve quality breakfasts, great lunches, real coffee, beers & wines. Locally sourced wherever possible. We also offer extensive vegetarian options & a take away menu. Free Wi-Fi & Toilets. The space is bright & airy with huge windows and a very relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend decided to try this place for a change rather than get something rubbish from spoons after a bit of a heavy night. I had a veggie breakfast and the other half had the big one. Every single item was cooked to perfection. The toast was gorgeous. They had marmite (a rare treat in a cafe) and the eggs were free range. The coffee came in a beautiful cafetiere. And the OJ was more than a thimble full. Friendly staff and reasonably priced. Also open Sundays! My new favourite!!! See you again soon for sure! Good job all round. And I have recovered from my hangover! X

2  Thank buttercuplols
There are newer reviews for The Lemon Tree Cafe Bistro

Reviewed December 5, 2012

A warm welcome preceeded a lovely coffee and orange juice. Shortly followed by one of the best fried breakfasts I have ever had. When the menu described "award winning hogs pudding" I couldn't have imagined quite how nice it would be. It's also fantastic to find somewhere that cooks black pudding well! My lovely girlfiend is a marmite fiend and was shocked to discover marmite was also available (very rare that a resteraunt serves marmite). This was all eaten whilst sat on a comfy sofa and chair whilst listening to music that didn't offend a hangover. Very well done. We shall visit again!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I tried the buffalo burgers on recommendation recently and they were truly out of this world. Generous portions, fantastic food and friendly and welcoming staff all contributed to the family friendly atmosphere and a truly wonderful dining experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My girlfriend and I found this place on Tripadvisor when looking for a new place to eat around Cornwall. We were not let down by the glittering reviews for this bistro. The service was friendly, informative and upbeat. The food was beautifully presented, well executed, home-made and fresh. Most of the dishes seem to suggest a mediterranean theme, but there were some very tempting English classics on the menu too: steak and Betty Stogg's ale pie springs to mind. I had the lamb Kofta with salsa, yoghurt and pitta, which was surprisingly sharp and refreshing for what can be a very heavy and meaty dish: yummy! The star of the show for us, however, was the beetroot tart tatin with goats cheese: it was really well balanced, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The menu has a great mix of meat and veggie dishes, and I noticed there were some gluten free options too. Lovely place, well priced, and really punching above their weight.

1  Thank Piers H
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have become regulars of this little establishment and keep meaning to review it.

The service is always friendly, helpful and informed and the food is always top knotch. They have a great selection of the regular bits you'd expect but also have some excellent specials, the recent water buffalo burger being a favourite.

I would always recommend this place for just a coffee and cake, a lunch and especially a lazy Sunday morning breakfast.

One of my favourites in Truro.