Stayed at this hotel/bar restaurant for 2 nights. The hotel is only a couple of years old and has been extended on to the existing restaurant.
The rooms were spotlessly clean, large and come with free WiFi (I only ever book hotels now that do this)
The best part were the staff, in particularly in the restaurant. They could see that I was on my own on what were very busy Friday and Saturday nights and they made sure I was looked after. It's always very easy to complain about service given but all of them were a credit to the management.
The Cornish breakfast was probably one of the best breakfasts I have eaten. On the evening I ordered battered fish and chips and whilst I wasn't expecting it to be totally fresh, it was a bit of a shock to see it come out to the table about 2 minutes after I ordered it! It tasted fine but sometimes, it pays to have a bit of a delay to at least give the illusion that it was indeed fresh. A minor point but worth relaying
I may have to come back down to Truro in the coming month or so and will definitely be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The County Arms, Truro is one of Truro's most popular places to meet, eat, drink and now stay. County Arms offer 33 top quality en-suite bedrooms, in addition to its popular bar and restaurant. The central mid-peninsula location makes this the perfect stopover for business trips and leisure breaks in Truro and Cornwall- Includes a 24 Hour reception desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your The County Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The County Arms Hotel Truro
- The County Arms Truro, Cornwall