We stayed at the County Arms for 2 nights at the start of September and used it as our base to explore Cornwall.
The new accomodation is excellent, we had room 12 which is a double at the back of the hotel looking over the car park which is still under construction and some lovely countryside in the far distance. On our arrival the receptionist was great and showed us to our room which was a nice touch and something you dont see often.The room was huge with all modern facilities such as flat screen TV, aircon, tea and coffee facilities and a modern bathroom with large shower.
The only downside to the County Arms is the food they serve in the pub, we reserved a table on our first night, the service was average and the food very basic, our starters looked like frozen food and the medium steak I requested was served very well done, really dissapointing. Breakfast was a little better but still not the best. I would have given this place full marks if the pub food had been better. I hope St Austell brewery improves this soon?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The County Arms, Truro is one of Truro's most popular places to meet, eat, drink and now stay. County Arms offer 33 top quality en-suite bedrooms, in addition to its popular bar and restaurant. The central mid-peninsula location makes this the perfect stopover for business trips and leisure breaks in Truro and Cornwall- Includes a 24 Hour reception desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The County Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The County Arms Hotel Truro
- The County Arms Truro, Cornwall