“Couldn't have asked for a better wedding day!”
Review of The Alverton

The Alverton
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Truro
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Alverton Manor last year and we couldn't fault a thing - it was everything I had imagined and more . Amy the wedding planner was there at every step and nothing was too much trouble - she is a great asset to the hotel. The food was outstanding - we ate there a few months before and it was inventive and delicious - and on the day I couldn't fault anything, it was just perfect. As with some of the other reviews, some of the bedrooms are slightly outdated but this is a small price to pay for a four poster bed and seperate living room, over looking the grounds, and for the helpful at every turn staff. The great hall is such an impressive venue for a wedding and I would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anon100123

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Friendly staff, spacious and clean rooms with comfortable beds, traditional, if not slightly dated decor.
The hall where the wedding reception took place had a lovely vaulted ceiling as this is an old manor house. The food and service was very good.
The grounds surrounding the hotel were lovely and you could relax with a drink on a fine day. Most rooms also had a lovely view, some of the pretty garden.
It is near Truro centre and a short drive from the coast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rockandrose21
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Only stayed here as head office had booked the room otherwise would have liked to stay somewhere else.
Really great staff, very polite and attentive. Both evening meal and breakfast were pretty good but unfortunately the rest of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. I had a deluxe double as there was nothing else available, big room with three seater setee and chair which was quite worn, big bathroom but unheated. This resulted in a very brisk shower!
If the rooms and communal areas were refurbished, the heating system and wi-fi sorted this could be a nice hotel!
The staff deserve it!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Had 1 night here - and was really looking forward to it having seen the website.

On arrival - the hotel has the WOW factor and the receptionist could not have been more friendly - and radiating enthusiasm.

The room was clean - but dated and would benefit from a facelift - its just "old fashioned" I guess - but not really for us. Dinner and breakfast were just ok - nothing to rave about - or complain about!

Its quite an unpleasant walk into Truro city centre along a busy dual carriage way - but once there Truro is charming - with some lovely places to eat (Mannings) and for a drink (William IV)

Would I return to Truro - YES - would I stay at the Alverton Manor - probably not

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Myself and a colleague stayed her for a few nights, as unfortunately my company could not get us booked into the normal chain hotel in the area as they were all booked up. This did not worry my colleage and I in the slightest, as we ended up with a suite each at a very reasonable cost of £120 per night per suite with breakfast included.

When I say a suite, thats exactly what I mean. A four poster bed, 2 sitting rooms, a huge bathroom, 2 TVs in case you did not like what was showing on the one, some lovely decorative touches and some great chests for keeping the tea and coffee in and a great BIG teddy bear on the bed when we arrived in each room.

The girls on reception were very attentive to us and the welcome was superb. We were shown to our suites by a lovely mature gent, who told us a little about the hotel whilst we walked to the suites. The rooms were amazing and nothing like either of us expected.
My colleague got the suite with the four poster bed, much to my disgust, but I did not suffer to much, as I had a 7 foot sleigh bed instead, that was so comfortable, I did not want to get up for work the following morning.

Breakfast was a little slow and the tables were a little sticky, but this did not detract from what a lovely hotel, great staff and a good breakfast that we enjoyed. I would not hesitate to come back here again, as I enjoyed the stay a lot, as did my colleague who continues to tell people about it even now.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed a couple of nights here on a business trip. I had a single room which was perfectly adequate for my needs. It was nice to stay somewhere that was a bit different to the ubiquitous chain hotels, and the room had some lovely furniture in it although the bed was a bit squidgy for my taste. Room was clean and had enough space, bathroom was similarly clean and spacious.

The hotel itself is labyrinthine! Staff were very polite and helpful, breakfast was good and choice seemed quite good. Nice touch was the silver coffee pots and milk jugs. I didn't eat any evening meals here so can't comment on the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Stayed at the Alverton Hotel for 3 nights. This is a very impressive hotel from the outside that sits high above the main road coming down into Truro (quite steep walking back up). We were greeted by extremely polite reception staff and a doorman that took our bags and showed us to our rooms. The rooms themselves were very spacious and clean though the carpet was slightly dirty around the edges. They were also quiet at night so a good night's sleep was assured. The only criticism of the whole place was that the lighting in the rooms was very dim and so made it difficult to read late at night. The restaurant was excellent with again extremely courteous staff who delivered a very efficient service. The food itself was "a al carte" and was some of the best I've tasted in the hotel restaurant for a long time (the braised beef was the best beef I have indeed ever tasted). All in all a great hotel that I would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the manor.