“GARDEN LODGE”
Review of Chycara House

Chycara House
Ranked #2 of 19 Truro B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 16, 2013

What a gem beautifull luxury lodge complete seclusion perfect place to de stress surrounded in woodland lake gardens a complete oasis.
Listening to the owls at night even the wildlife was happy.Every comfort was catered for cannot wait for our next visit.
Linda and Dave were very friendly and welcoming we felt at home straight away.
We certainly will recommend Chycara to our family and friends.
On a very dark wet night we found Chycara straight away

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Chycara House

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My daughter and I neeeded somewhere where we could get away and have time to talk,to sleep.to walk, to'be'.This is truly a fabulous environment,tastefully finished,in quiet,serene and picturesque gardens.Dave and Linda are so hospitable and helpful.There is a lovely walk from Chycara,along a disused railway line,to a quayside pub which serves delicious fresh seafood.
We used the pool,jacuzzi and sauna in the evening before we had dinner.
I would definitely recommend this.,especially as a getaway..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Truly enjoyed staying, the staff are very welcoming and friendly.

The only negative feedback I can give was that it was hard to find, but this was due to my poor planning before hand; however the owner was more than happy to help me find my way by phone.

On arrival it made the search worth while, Chycara House is no normal b&b and I will highly recommend others to visit. Reasonably priced, great service, good facilities, excellent rooms.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here at very short notice for one night only, I was greeted and treated as a long stayer, my room was excellent and clean and comfortable, I was on business so I needed internet access which was not available in the room that I stayed in but was in the lounge, I had a lovely breakfast and then toured the grounds before leaving, I found the whole experience very good and will be re-visiting with my wife to take advantage of all of the facilities and the local walks. Would highly recomend

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is located down a narrow country lane surrounded by woods and farmland (so takes some finding) yet only a few miles outside of Truro city centre but this does mean you really need your own transport if you're planning to stay.. The main building, painted terracotta is traditionally furnished in keeping with the house, the overall feel is cosy and comfortable.

The warm welcome with a fresh pot of tea and biscuits in the cosy lounge was a nice start to my stay. My room was fairly small and quite shady due to the hedge outside the window but clean and comfortable with the usual tea/coffee making facilities and free wifi, not much workspace but in fairness most guests are likely to be on holiday rather than business travellers. It was reasonably easy to find my way around the house but a small tour pointing out where things are might be useful. Plenty of DVDs, lots of paperbacks and maps of the local area available for use to help pass the time during your stay. There is a heated pool on site but I didn't use it. A few minor grumbles - the cistern for the toilet in the adjoining room sounded like it was just behind my head and very noisy - couldn't hear the tv when the toilet was flushed. Also, what sounded like the vent for the central heating boiler was below my window - due to the warm weather my windows were wide open so this also was rather noisy but luckily not on for long. This wouldn't stop me from staying again as this is a lovely place to stay but I would try for a different room.

A good selection for breakfast the following morning, freshly cooked and served at a large communal dining table - a nice way to meet other guests.

The house has large informal gardens with seating scattered around but lots of open water (one lake had its own small boat) so small children would need to be closely supervised. There are also two lodges on site, I only noticed one of them tucked away in a corner of the garden.

Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lazyjanie
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a quiet place well off any busy road, but within a mile of a major trunk road, so not out in the blue. I received a homely welcome with coffee and biscuits. The general atmosphere was very much like being a personal house guest, but without being forced into unwanted sociability. There is a nice comfortable lounge for guests, but the bedrooms are spacious and comfortable too. The place is difficult to find though- especially in the dark, so check it out in daylight or use the road name in your sat nav. Using the post code takes you somewhere else!

Room Tip: they all look good
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013

What a lovely home and friendly people, made feel at home and at ease. have not been there long enough to enjoy the full facilities but will be back soon. Nice places to eat within close proximity of this location. Have not had the time yet to walk the quiet roads and visit the viaduct nearby. Although not a great cat lover but they seem to be quite friendly and do not cause any bother. Not sure of how many there are but more than two anyway. Good parking facilities around the house. Be careful driving the narrow road to Chycara from the roundabout. Will be staying in the Truro area for the next few weeks and this will be one of the most likely places so far. Better than most hotels and away from all the traffic noise etc. Looking forward to my next visit soon.

Room Tip: Only stayed the once so far but my room was perfect, "creeking bed" but that can be resolv...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
The Alverton
#1 of 24 in Falmouth
The Old Vicarage
The Old Vicarage
#1 of 19 in Truro

Been to Chycara House? Share your experiences!