“Always great”

Mannings Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 181 Restaurants in Truro
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We’re one of Truro’s most popular places to eat, meet and drink. The atmosphere’s informal and relaxed and all budgets are catered for. We have everything from prime rib steaks butchered on the premises, fresh local fish, aromatic sizzling platters, right down to oversized baguettes with fries and vegetarian options. You’ll find the very latest cocktails, cool crisp international beers and an extensive, varied range of wines from different countries and regions around the world.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Food is always great, portion sizes great, service always great, atmosphere great, drink range (a little pricy) but great quality!!! Enough said! Awesome place.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just a quick lunchtime snack with a friend but - as always - pleasant service. Tasty pate - but why 3 half slices of toast rather than 2 rounds? Ran out of toast and had to eat pate with salad. Tiny quibble as it was very enjoyable.

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

A well run, smart restaurant and cocktail bar which is always busy and serves a superb selection of local meals. I had the goats cheese parcel to start and my partner the special of Spanish wontons and garlic mayonnaise. Both were excellent and the fusion of Chinese and Spanish worked very well. For main I chose the T-bone which came perfectly cooked with a flavourful jus and my girlfriends fish Goujons on a sweet chilli noodle bed was also nice. We couldn't fit in a desert but mainly because there wasn't too much on the menu we fancied for afters which was purely down to our taste I imagine. The ones everyone else had seemed to look good. The staff in the bar and restaurant are knowledgeable and skilled and the cocktails were well made and served. I was impressed overall and would definitely return. Booking ahead seems a must as it was packed on our visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had a great meal here whilst staying at the Mannings Hotel over Easter. A busy bar and restaurant, booking a table didn't seem a problem although it did seem as if it was pretty book up so maybe we were just lucky? The food was good and very well presented, the atmosphere relaxed and informal. Loved the clean lines of the decor, staff were kind and helpful. A good place to eat and drink.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I didn't like any of the dishes of this restaurant. Wrong flavours for my taste...

I tried the beef & vegetables cassarole and the vegetable noodles. Both were very poor.