“Very enjoyable.”

Mannings Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 177 Restaurants in Truro
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We’re one of Truro’s most popular places to eat, meet and drink. The atmosphere’s informal and relaxed and all budgets are catered for. We have everything from prime rib steaks butchered on the premises, fresh local fish, aromatic sizzling platters, right down to oversized baguettes with fries and vegetarian options. You’ll find the very latest cocktails, cool crisp international beers and an extensive, varied range of wines from different countries and regions around the world.
Ilminster, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had a great meal here whilst staying at the Mannings Hotel over Easter. A busy bar and restaurant, booking a table didn't seem a problem although it did seem as if it was pretty book up so maybe we were just lucky? The food was good and very well presented, the atmosphere relaxed and informal. Loved the clean lines of the decor, staff were kind and helpful. A good place to eat and drink.

London, United Kingdom
“Terribile food”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I didn't like any of the dishes of this restaurant. Wrong flavours for my taste...

I tried the beef & vegetables cassarole and the vegetable noodles. Both were very poor.

Truro, United Kingdom
“An excellent restaurant and bar”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I visited Mannings with a friend recently. We started with 2 delicious freshly shaken cocktails of the day - look on the board and you will find them listed there. When I telephoned to book I was asked if I had a preference about where I wanted to sit which is a great idea if you visit the restaurant regularly. We then took our seats in the restaurant, our waitress was friendly and efficient. My smoked salmon plate with home made bread was well presented and delicious; my friend enjoyed her pate. We then had another couple of cocktails, just as good as the first. We were pleased to discover that the Roast Fish of the Day was Sea Bass as we both love this dish. It really was melt in the mouth - highly recommended. Did we want a dessert? Of course! The sticky toffee pudding is scrumptious, came with a wonderful sauce, cape gooseberries and strawberries. The freshly brewed coffee was also excellent. The prices are what I would expect to pay for a meal such as this, not over the top; although we didn't have wine the cocktails were £6.95 each, about right in my opinion. Thanks Mannings for another great visit, of course I shall return :-)

1 Thank akay07
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Mannings Bar & Restaurant”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were out shopping with my wife's mother & farther in Truro it will also be there 66th wedding anniversary next week so we decided to treat them to lunch at Mannings. I had not been to this restaurant for a long time, very nice decor comfy seating good size tables with plenty of space around them, i hate to be cramped and cannot help but listen to the conversations on the next table. None of us were particularly hungry so we just went for the snack menu, my wife had a chicken baguette with side salad and fries, father in law had steak baguette with side salad and fries, mother in law had omelette with side salad and fries, mine was a Spanish omelette with the house salad, the food arrived with a very large dish of fries everyone enjoyed their food tremendously it was very tasty with very good dressings on the salads etc. Next time I am going to make shure we are hungry to do the meals justice. Fantastic food great friendly service, give it a try.

1 Thank pip207
Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The food here is better than the ambience. So it’s perfectly fine for something pre-theatre (at the nearby Hall for Cornwall) but a bit cold-looking and brutal, with all its pale blue formica, for a “main event” dinner. The dimmed lights are no doubt intended to be atmospheric but we found them merely dim, causing a bit of eye strain until we persuaded the waitress to turn them up.

An excellent up-market fish and chips – tempura-battered sea bass goujons and absurdly generous first rate chips – was much more successful than a starter of prawns in a supposedly Vietnamese sauce. The spicey sauce was rather good (even though unlike anything I’d ever had in Vietnam). The problem was serving hot prawns in their shells in a bowl full of equally hot sauce. There’s no sensible way to shell a prawn except with your fingers but that meant scalding them with the messy, oily sauce. A completely impractical aberration, which the waitress told us the chef had acknowledged after she’d helped us clean up with finger bowls, fresh napkins etc.

Some well-chosen wines at the bottom end of the list.

• Visited February 2013