The Donnington Guesthouse
$188
$169
Orbitz.com
$128
All reviewsguest housechapel hillroom was cleanelectric showerfriendly member of staffan en suite bathroomfamily roomcooked breakfasteaster breakslept really welllast minute bookingkipperswarm welcomeample parkinguphill walknext morningstayed for nights
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Donnington for 3 nights; I was advised that the single room was not en suite but an lavatory was available for my sole use - no problems with that but it was not as close as I would have liked in the wee hours (pun intended), the corridor and step was all a bit much for me. The shower was in the room but it was all a bit cluttered, a bit shabby, curtains and towels a bit thin, mismatched furniture and a hanging rail (over the kettle so ok for creases!). The accommodation was all just OK. I found the room at the front of the hotel a bit noisy but I concede that I live in a rural and very quiet area so am maybe a bit noise sensitive.
Staff friendly and helpful; offered to help with bags which was appreciated and the breakfast was decent too.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room at the front if you like a quiet room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sparkiedoll
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had a very comfortable stay here. The single en-suite was small but very clean and warm. The cooked breakfast was tasty and it is very conveniently located for the town and the station. I would highly recommend it, especially if travelling on a budget as the price was excellent for the quality and friendliness!

Room Tip: I had a room at the front of the property and slept well but I have been told the rooms at the back are best!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Donnington and would recommend it for comfortable rooms, great big breakfasts and friendly, helpful team. A large selection of rooms of different types, great value for money while offering a truly magificent breakfast experience, with warming fire and full English on the menu!

Room Tip: Staying at a room in the back was peaceful and quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place is a real gem. Found it relatively last minute. Spoke to the man on the phone who was very polite at answering all of my questions. They were very accommodating of myself and my family of 5 people and made efforts to give us rooms that were adjacent to one another. The rooms also, very comfortable with kettle, complimentary teas and coffees as well as a fridge and microwave in each room! Breakfast was also enjoyable with a wide selection of foods to choose from and the option of a cooked breakfast made to our individual requirements. Again efforts were made to seat all 5 of us together at breakfast. Parking was also outside the B&B in their driveway so no concerns about safety. Close to the local supermarket, but a bit of a further walk into town itself about 15-20mins.
Overall, a wonderful and very comfortable stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I stayed here with some friends. We were made incredibly welcome from start to finish. Breakfast is the highlight, with ample of almost whatever takes your fancy. The room was large and light, and the bathroom was impeccably clean. All 4 of us slept extremely well. Its located slightly out of town, but easily accessible from the train station or by car. Walk downhill into town, cab back would be my advised strategy.

All in all, a great stay, and many thanks to Darragh and Michelle for their hosiptality and willing advice for a newcomer to Truro.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family