“One of the best zoos I've ever visited”
Review of Oaklawn Farm Zoo

Oaklawn Farm Zoo
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Aylesford
Shelburne, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“One of the best zoos I've ever visited”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I visited Oaklawn Farm Zoo last summer as part of our week-long Annapolis Valley/Fundy Shore trip. I'm not sure why, but I did not have high expectations of this zoo before arriving. But once we got there, I was pleasantly surprised and delighted with how clean and well-run this zoo is. The animals all looked like they had plenty of room to roam within their enclosures, and they also had lots of toys, pools, platforms, etc., to keep them stimulated. I didn't see a single animal doing the awful pacing back and forth that I have seen in so many zoos. I especially enjoyed all the big cats (whom we could hear calling out even before we entered the zoo). I highly recommend this zoo for any animal lover: singles, couples or the entire family!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank messengrl

Inverness, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“City zoo in the country”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have never been to a "zoo". I have been to many wildlife parks that had many animals. This place is excellent. Prices are very cheap. We went during a hot day so most of the animals were hiding or sleeping in the shade. We expected this. The park showed us many animals We would never see. We had a great time avd seen most of the animals missing only the kangaroos. I recommend thus park to anyone wishing to see exotic animals that you wouldn't see.

Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great value and as nice as any Zoo we have seen.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

The grounds were clean and attractive. The gardens were lovely and we could easily see all of the animals. You could spend the day or if in a rush get a good visit in a little over 2 hours.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nancy M
Halifax, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great clean place”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I visit this zoo at least once a year, it's a very clean environment as well! You can buy feed for the deer and goats for 25 cents, watch your children play on a jungle gym set with the llamas! Every animal is very friendly! There is a verity of different animals in this zoo and you be shore to have a great day there!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Holly G
Nova Scotia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Wonderful family attraction”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had never been here before and decided to take a drive to the Valley, enjoy Apple Blossom Fesitval and visit the Zoo. Much larger than we expected. Very clean, well organized, and designed well for children and adults to both enjoy. There are picnic tables scattered throughout; wish I had known, I would have brought lunch. Well worth the modest entrance fee. The only negative was I felt the bear was distressed by his small pen. He was pacing and agitated.

Visited June 2013