We stayed in this hotel for one night in June 2014 and would never stay again. We paid 100 LTL for the room and would have to say I have stayed in better hostels. It was evident from the decor that the hotel is maintained by purchasing the cheapest materials.Room reminded me of a cheap B&B in Blackpool but worse.
- The skirting boards in the room were three different types of wood. walls were dull and grubby room smelt stale and found hair on the floor. Room not decorated more mis-matched.
- Hole in the wall were some short of plug unit was filled with a bit of plastic that was hanging off the wall
- Under the window there were pipes running along the floor going through our room to the rooms next to us no attempt to hide but have seen photos issued by the hotel of what looked like the same room but pipes are not visible :-).
- Bed did not have a proper mattress and was rock hard leaving us with back pains the following morning it felt like I was sleeping on the floor.
- Sink in the bathroom was unstable you couldn`t lean on it when brushing teeth nearly came away from the wall and drained very slowly in fact with no plug and leaving the tap on you could fill the basin.
- Shower cubicle was very flimsy reminded me of a shower unit from a caravan very light and flimsy made of a cheap thin plastic that threatened to collapse if you leaned on it. The tiles had not been cleaned properly and had a lot of mildew in the grout.
- Toilet would not flush properly and flush button came off in my hand.
One of the worst things was when we returned to the hotel after a night out we came back to people sitting in the reception area and people were smoking which we could smell in our room as non smokers we did not like.
The staff were not very welcoming either on arrival no smile on check out woman was grumpy no good byes or anything just grunts. We had just stayed for two nights in Kaunas before staying here at the City Kaunas hotel a two star budget hotel which cost 50 LTL (£10) more per night but what a difference they made the customer feel welcome room was bright but plain but it worked the beds were really comfy.
It was a shame since its in a great location.I would only recommend this place to someone who smokes and is not bothered about dull patched up work and can sleep on a stone floor then you might be able to sleep on the bed and wants to pay rock bottom price but am sure for a couple of pounds more you could get so much more. Might suit a backpacker or contractors needing digs but not bothered about appearance and odours.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Dzukija Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.