6,532 results
All reviews infinity pool palm trees ambassador restaurant half board huge hotel beautiful hotel lopesan costa a la carte restaurants separate shower senior suite tennis courts designer shops resident band breakfast and dinner per day sand dunes evening entertainment
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2019

Excellent stay, congratulations to the nice staff. This hotel is well located. Swimming pools and Spa were very pleasant. Food was very correct; varied everyday. Our room was very spacious and so comfortable.
We will come back next year.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Companion08402057378

Sunny relaxing stay.
Easy to access the beach but big choice of different pools within the resort. Very nice spa where we tried Reiki and Thaï treatments. Tasty food at the buffet in the morning and the evening. We could eat with great variety every day for a week

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Blu2014
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for a week found the hotel stunning all in paradise isn’t green a couple of things we disliked there is so many people here sun beds are a struggle and when you do get one it’s as comfortable as lying in the road. The food is ok but it’s mass so it’s mass dining on a biblical scale. Because it’s such a large hotel its very insular and most people ignore you so not the local friendly hotel feel. The rooms are clean and the staff are fantastic. We have to reset our room key every day and judging by the queue to reset room keys we’re not the only people. Would we come back again not a chance. Probably back to Santa Catalina it has that quality not mass produce like this place...this is how we found it. Thanks

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank boomgreatskiing
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

This is a huge hotel, so much so you need a map to get to your room the first few times. Its more like a resort. In April you expect the pools to be heated they all felt like tap water coldness.I did wonder why there were not many people in the pools and this explains it. No rush for sunbeds,so that's a relief and because you had to pay to switch your pool towels, which is good for the environment, I hardly saw anyone use the pool hut. Hotel is in a perfect location close to nice restaurants, and dunes, the beach is a public one so not great. The food was the downside it was really poor, which surprised me! We booked with Jet2 and it was cheaper to book HB than B&B so we ate out all but one night. The evening shows were fine,drinks service great. However due to the size of the place there is no real atmosphere, the animation team are lovely but they struggled to get folks involved in activities. I guess if your older and just want to escape to a nice hotel,come here. If you have kids nothing much for them here. I dont think we will come again just yet. All staff are super, attentive,and smiling all day long.
See attached a map of rooms and resort. Do ask to get an orientation and find out about HB swaps to the other local Lopesan Hotel restaurants. Jet2 resort check-in is a nice touch.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank PurleyonHols
Reviewed April 28, 2019

The hotel is very well located next to Faro de Maspalomas. I've stayed there for 7 days on half board basis. The room I was offered had very basic decor that needs to be updated. Rooms were very clean though as did the common areas. Hotel spans vast area and it's grounds are excellent maintained. 4 great pools, plenty of greens, cafes and sport facilities. Both breakfast and dinner were served as buffet (a la carte restaurants also available but I have not used it). Choice of food was excellent and meals were delicious. Highly recommend cooking stations during dinner, poultry, pork, fish, beef available for "cook to order"

For the bad things:
It is disappointing that security safe and wifi is charged separately. It's 2019 not 2009. Hotel charging for various small items made me feel ripped off. I also didn't like Unique programme (upgrades) - for extra fees you are offered better rooms, designated sun beds. I already paid for hotel now I'm being treated like a sucker that needs to pay more.

Room tip: Live entertaining outside main lobby goes until 11pm. Ask for room further away if you turn in early.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple