6,557 results
All reviews infinity pool palm trees ambassador restaurant half board huge hotel beautiful hotel lopesan costa a la carte restaurants separate shower senior suite tennis courts designer shops resident band breakfast and dinner per day sand dunes evening entertainment
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2019

Very disappointed with the customer service I received. I pre-booked a taxi to the airport paying a high premium of 48 euros however the driver was nowhere to be seen. My wife and I had no choice to to take a normal taxi to avoid being delayed paying an additional 40 euros. I contacted the resort the same day via email asking for a refund. I was told that the driver was waiting for us for half an hour by the main entrance and even enquired about us at the main desk. My wife and I were waiting outside the main entrance from 10 - 1015 as were were advised the driver will arrive 15 mins before the departure time. The resort refused to refund me the money and might as well had call my wife and I a liar stating that the driver was clearly there and we failed to show. I asked the resort to look at CCTV however they refused. I am out of pocket by £40. Although this is not a lot of money I warn customers to be careful as this is an extortionate service and i am sure people are being conned out of money. The taxi driver even said that this happens a lot at the resort. I am very disappointed with the service. Clearly a multi-million pound resort and they are unable to refund a small amount of money to a customer. Ludicrous.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 750anils
CostaMeloneras, Public Relations Manager at Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2019

Firstly we would like to thank you very much for having chosen the Hotel Lopesan Costa Meloneras for your stay in Gran Canaria and for sharing with us your feedback about your stay.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay. Either way we would like to thank you again for your constructive review and we would love to welcome you again at our hotel.

With warm regards,

Guest Relations

Reviewed March 3, 2019

Have visited this area and it´s hotels several times. Lopesan Costa Meloneras "Black Friday" offer at Nowember 2018 made us choose this hotel, because normally it is much more expensive to stay. It is also possible to play at Meloneras Golf with a bit reasonable price, when staying at Lopesan Hotels. Good quality of service and very helpful staff. Location excellent near Faro and Meloneras center. Free shuttle to the golf-course and back every hour. Large and prestige lobby and large pool-area. Rooms are not at the same level, as the rest of the hotel. They need renovation quite soon. Nothing to complain about cleanliness, just threadbare athmosphere. Breakfast was great - but when choosing the busiest hours (from 9 to 10) it was too congested. The same problem was with the buffet in the evening. Even though there are two large restaurants, queuing is a problem all the time. Personell did their best, but there were just to many customers.

Room tip: Choose upper floors, and if possible room from the sea side.
1  Thank Veli-Matti U
Reviewed March 2, 2019

Great hotel with fantastic pools...nut they have to improve somethings.. they have to get free internet in the rooms..do not serve drinks at the pool in plastic cups and see you that smokers are also welcome in one of your restaurant so they can have a glass of wine and a cigarette or cigar after dinner at their table outside .

Date of stay: March 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Navigator53236284566
CostaMeloneras, Public Relations Manager at Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2019

Dear Mr. Navigator53236284566,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen the Lopesan Costa Meloneras for your holidays and also for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. Thank you also for mentioning the pros and cons of your stay, which is always important feedback for us and we are happy that in general you enjoyed your stay with us.

We greatly regret that you do not agree with our nonsmoker policy or our pricing policy. We have informed the affected departments about it.

With regard to plastic cups, we would like to inform you that plastic cups should be used in the pool areas for the safety of the clintes.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future and remain.

With best regards,
Public Relation

Reviewed March 1, 2019

Perfect staff all over the hotel, regardless where you are, thanks for this.
Room Safe and parking are too expensive.
At all a very nice holiday surrounded from extremly nice staff and a very clean place !

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank racelap

Dear Mr. Racelap

We hope that you had a pleasant return journey and that you enjoyed this marvellous island during your holidays. With respect to your comments, the only thing left for us to do is to thank you for your words. It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed staying in our hotel. We are entirely at your disposal for any questions that may occur to you.

Kind regards,
Public Relation

Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

Firstly this is a fantastic location and the building is gorgeous - extremely clean and well kept. The staff are lovely and helpful, delivering a friendly service in the main.
The gardens are beautiful but if you want morning to evening sun you would need to go to the beach 200metres away - the many many many palm trees give a lot of shade (too much for February ).
There are loads of swimming pools but they are all unheard so they are too cold at this time of year and we couldn’t use them.

The hotel is so close to being perfect and a few policy changes would make all the difference - and really make this hotel deserving of 5*
1). the bath towels are thin and small - we are used to bath sheets so these ones were too utilitarian for comfort
2). It was impossible to find an outside table on the patio free of smokers which exacerbated my niece’s asthma - a non smoking area would help - and as the patio is very large this should be easy to achieve.
3) the hotel charges over 2Euros a day to use the safe in your room - surely this should be included?
4) the hotel charges 1 Euro to change the pool towel - again a charge that seems mean. Also one we weren’t told of until day 5 of our holiday
5) you have to pay to access wi-fi other than in the reception area - it is 2019!
6) I bought a bottle of wine at dinner, drank half and returned with the remains of the bottle the following day. I was told it was against policy and I could only drink what we bought in that session. We had been told I could bring it back by one of the waiters so to be denied this was really annoying - and pointless! The only rule I could see was not to remove food, and I accept that it is not OK to buy drink outside and bring it in! However to return with an unfinished bottle seems reasonable!

I realise these are minor complaints, but these things improved would have resulted in a perfect holiday.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank marionh537
CostaMeloneras, Public Relations Manager at Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2019

Dear Marion,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback of your stay in our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed of our facilities and gardens, and we thank you for your nice words regarding our staff.
Nonetheless we regret that our price policy did not reach your expectations and would like to apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.
We would like to thank you again for your constructive review.
Hopefully we could welcome you again at our hotel!

Best regards,