6,529 results
All reviews infinity pool palm trees ambassador restaurant half board huge hotel beautiful hotel lopesan costa a la carte restaurants separate shower senior suite tennis courts designer shops resident band breakfast and dinner per day sand dunes evening entertainment
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

We came here in January for some winter sun and the first four days were hot and sunny but the last three bright but very windy.

On arrival we were met at the coach by a porter who took our case and bags straight away which is so nice after a long journey. The reception was clean, smart and had beautiful views of the ocean. The reception staff could not be my welcoming, friendly and professional.

The bedroom was clean, smart and well equipped. No complaints at all.

Breakfast was simply amazing . . Whatever your taste, it was there. Excellent food and very attentive professional staff.

Basically I have nothing negative to say about this hotel which makes a change these days !

Would definitely stay again and would definitely give a recommendation.

1  Thank Jessdog500
CostaMeloneras, Manager at Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Dear Jessdog500.,
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us 100%. For our part, we can only commit to continuing to improve going forwards so that you can continue enjoying your time in our hotel in the future.
With kind regards,
The Managment.

Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

We had booked a hotel in this group
And the day before we left we had a
Email to say that the hotel was overbooked
Not what you want at 16.00 pm we still
Didn’t know where we were staying , don’t book this group of hotels unless you want
Your holiday spoilt .when we got to our
New hotel we were greeted by a very
Rude person checking us in and it just went on from there cold coffee every morning , got charged for pool towels
Which we never ask to be changed , a holiday which we were looking forward
To turned into a very stressful event.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CostaMeloneras, General Manager at Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Dear Mr. Martin,

Thank you for your stay and for the time you invested in sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

Regret that your experience with us has not been to your liking and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Even if your case has been handled at the hotel during your stay satisfactorily.

Unfortunately we feel that you do not have the intention of returning, but we would be pleased if you give us a second chance
With best regards,
The Management.

Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

The hotel and receptionpools and gardens are lovely,the reception staff were polite and friendly (we never got a welcome drink ) so got a few sweets that were placed in reception no concerns on check in and area very nice .
Rooms were dated and only sky news on tv which in winter is not great for a quiet night !! I was prepared I took my fire stick so we could on a colder night watch a movie !! I also took a kettle and cups for a cuppa in the room !!! I paid the WiFi for 11 nights but not the safe,which on leaving they tried to charge me !!! Buffett breakfast great choice apart from the bacon but a good choice !!
At breakfast you have free juices and water and tea,coffee,milk and loads more but WARNING you pay for fresh orange !!
Evening meal €25 each with excellent Buffett but don’t for god sake take your own water in as it’s forbidden I bought the vino at €14:80 a bottle but no water or any drinks supplied free you have to buy a small bottle €2:40 !! I apologised but still drank mine with him standing over me !! nice break wont go back everything from WiFi to safe to tv should free and it’s too big !!! Friendly staff

1  Thank bfp3061
CostaMeloneras, General Manager at Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2018

Dear Bfp3061,

Thank you very much for your time and for sharing your experience with other travellers.

We are sorry that we could not fulfilled all your expectations, but we are glad to hear that you enjoyed our pools and that you have in consideration the hard job of our staff.

On the other hand, we are sorry that you do not agree our price policy regarding the prices of wifi or safe in the room and at the restaurant. We have taken note of your constructive criticism about the television programms and we have transfer to the departament in charge.

Neverheless, we hope you come back in order to change the image you have received this time.

Kind regards.
La Dirección-

Reviewed February 1, 2018

Our family of four took a week's holiday in Gran Canaria during the autumn half term and splashed out on the Costa Meloneras. We were very glad we did!

On arrival, we were immediately impressed by the approach to the hotel, and the service of the bell hops who took our luggage. Check in took a while, but the staff were friendly and explained everything well, including the location of our room; it's a sprawling resort, so a map and a few pointers were very helpful. Although the decor in the Junior Suite was perhaps a little past its best, it was spacious and clean with everything we needed. We got very lucky in being given a room that opened directly out onto the quiet pool.

Speaking of which, the pools are what really made the holiday for us. While the enormous infinity pool is impressive, it was the Rio pool - a kind of lazy river - that we used the most. It was never crowded, and there was never a struggle for a decent spot to set up camp for the day.

The two buffet restaurants were excellent, with plenty to suit all tastes, the steaks in particular being surprisingly good. It could get a little manic at times, but not to the point of spoiling the experience. If you want to venture out for a meal, there are many nearby restaurants, both fancy and casual. I can't, however, recommend El Churrasco, the seemingly upmarket steakhouse on the border of the hotel grounds: the steaks weren't as good as the hotel's own, and the service was very poor. There's no shortage of better and friendlier alternatives close by.

The kids' club was well run, and the nightly entertainment was of a high standard. Even the lounge band that played easy listening covers every evening was fun to watch and listen to. Table service on the terrace was always prompt and courteous.

Alas, an accident cast a shadow over our holiday: half way through, we took a cab to the local water park, Aqualand Maspalomas. The park is very run down and grubby, with massive lines to get in, and the food service was abysmal. Despite that, our kids enjoyed it a lot, and we'd had a pleasant enough day. But disaster struck when we were packing up to go and our little girl fell from a sun lounger and broke her arm in two places. In fairness to the park, the lifeguards and first aid people were very good to us, and organised an ambulance to a local hospital (the two hospitals we visited that night were astonishingly good, a real credit to the Spanish health service).

It was a chaotic and stressful night, and it would have been so much worse if not for hotel staff bending over backwards to help us. In particular, Vittoria on the concierge desk went far above the call of duty to help us, and we can't thank her enough.

In spite of our little girl not being able to go swimming for the rest of the holiday, we still enjoyed the remaining days, thanks to the relaxing atmosphere and sense of space. I do think if this had happened while at one of the more crowded hotels, it would have been more difficult.

I suppose the ultimate endorsement I can give is that we've just booked another stay for the summer. It'll be interesting to see if we enjoy it as much in high season.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank SDNNorthernIreland
CostaMeloneras, Manager at Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Dear Guest, Our main objective is offering excellent service to our clients. We work hard day after day to be able to achieve this and there is no better reward than reading an opinion as positive as the one which you have written. Thank you. we would like to send you our best wishes hoping that your daughter get better very soon.We hope to maintain this connection in the future and have the pleasure of a visit from you in the future. Kind regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2018

I would not recommend this property. This is one of the worst hotels I have stayed at. The Front Office staff are rude, inattentive and haughty. All - two star property. Shame as the entrance is grand and doorman very welcoming.

First, let's say the positive things: It is a big hotel (actually you get lost to find your room wasting your time) the pools are quite nice and the food is not too bad. The spa is probably the greater thing ever but you can find better choice in Maspalomas and Playa del Ingles. Main reason: the service in this hotel is really awful. My experience with the Hotel staff was unbelievable. In this Hotel the motto of the Management is that the customer is wrong and even once you book (a month in advance asking early check-in) people do not bother to answer. I even booked directly, my personal gift to the management.

The main reason for my review is the experience with the reception staff who I felt were inattentive and unprofessional. The day of arrival I spent 3 hours in the reception (reason for the delay : the property is fully booked - that's not an excuse ) till a lovely lady (with German accent) coming from PR department understood my requirements and helped me (3 hours at the reception till 4h30 pm!). Her colleague Sophie in PR - I talked to her over the phone - was abrupt and extremely unfriendly - get a training! This hotel is like an assembly line through which guests pass through. Perhaps they are so used to travel agent groups (cheap!) that they’ve forgotten how to serve regular business traveler or luxury transient travellers.

The hotel is worst than an airport during the check-in time. The staff could not be more unhelpful - expect to spend at least 2 hours for a check-in, but you will have your ridiculous welcome drink. Whilst I appreciate a hotel of this size maybe busy I cannot believe a hotel of this star rating would find it too much trouble to arrange a early check-in with a month notice (I asked to have a room by 1h30 pm - not so early then). The attitude from the staff was severely lacking in any customer service and most unprofessional making me distressed and feel embarrassed and awkward. The hotel website makes it virtually impossible to send an email directly regarding a simple request ( actually I requested 3 times in a month - not answer) but Instead has a contact form which they do not reply to.

Recommendation: Do not waste your money in this "resort".

The rooms are jaded and need refurbishment (the furnishing in the rooms reminds me of pieces I have seen thrown out on the streets). The free fitness center is not air conditioned and again not in great shape, disgraceful - not even two star. At the reception and the abrupt staff (not all, but enough of them) are NOT worth the time to spend there, thinking to be instead pampered. Never going back there. Overall I did not have good time even the big crowded pools - where you spend most of your time - are what you'd expect, I definitely do NOT recommend this hotel. Management, check your staff, do not bother to answer TripAdvisor reviews as you should compensate customers during the stay and not after.

Room tip: Do not book here, go elsewhere, maybe Vital suites in Playa del Ingles? lovely resort very boutique.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank MrcL2013
CostaMeloneras, Manager at Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2018

Dear guests MrcL2013, First of all we would like to thank you very much for having chosen the Lopesan Costa Meloneras for your recent stay in the south of Gran Canaria and also for your review on Tripadvisor. We are concerned about the differences in quality that you have experienced during your recent stay with us and we hope that you will excuse us for any inconvenience during your holidays. We are very sorry that you had a bad experience during your Check-in and we regret that you received that image from us. We have already informed the Hotel Management about your comments and criticism in order to take a close look into the mentioned matters. We sincerely hope that you will chose the Hotel Lopesan Costa Meloneras again for your next stay on the island, also to give us the chance to correct the image you have received this time. With best regards,