While I really liked this Hotel, I'm not sure if I would return. While I do rate it 5 stars as I enjoyed my holiday and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it there was a couple of niggles that bugged me.
- Building very different & interesting, gardens immaculate & beautiful with scented flowers
- Food varied every night & very good. Although if you are not keen on salads, veg & fish you will struggle. There is a meat choice every night as well.
-Inside & outside eating areas. Outside eating areas are low lit (which I liked) with very novel & pretty lamp like heating things.
- Staff very pleasant & helpfull
-Sun beds & umbrellas plentiful, good quality & comfortable.
-Bedroom & bathroom immaculately clean.
-Surrounding area very pleasant with a supermarket within two minute walk. Good selection of cafes & restaurants.
-Beautiful beach 5 - 10 minutes walk away.
-Pool areas Excellent.
-We don't have children. The child pool looked excellent and I could image the Hotel being a fun place for children. The children's reps and animation team seemed to be very good.
Not so keen on:
-With the design of the rooms very few balconies that i could see get any sun at all. Due to this I found the room very dark and actually quite cold at times.
-There are no double beds only two singles pushed togeather and made up with seperate sheets. The beds are on coasters and the floor tiled so tend to travel if you lean against the headboard to read.
-Sound proofing in the rooms is very poor, this + tiled floors + high heels & heavy footed children = a lot of annoying noise.
-Due to the Hotel being in a fairly built up area you may have a high degree of traffic noise in your room. (not so much around the pool though).
Overall I loved the food and communal areas of the Hotel as everywhere there was something different to look at. The building itself inside and out really is very clever and beautiful. For me it fell down at the bedrooms I found the decor of the rooms quite boring & lacking in comparison. I really very much disliked the colour and style of the room. I just found it not very relaxing and a little depressing.
However given the price we got the Hotel for I felt it was exceptional value and really did enjoy my time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lopesan Baobab Resort Location Exclusive luxury Lopesan Baobab Resort was inaugurated in 2009; it is located in the south of the island of Gran Canaria, in the exclusive Meloneras holiday area, just a few walking minutes away from the extensive, several kilometres long, Maspalomas beach and the impressive landscape of sand dunes. Famous Maspalomas lighthouse is situated nearby, as well as the long coastside promenade. ExpoMeloneras Convention Centre is also located only a few steps away from the hotel. General description Five-star hotel Lopesan Baobab Resort has become one of the preferred destinations for family holidays of Spanish national tourists. Thanks to the uniqueness of its architecture inspired by the African continent, its impressive water landscapes with pools, rivers and waterfalls, as well as the high quality services offered, this hotel shows off ethnic charm, modernity and refinement. The hotel’s main entrance leads guests over a picturesque wooden bridge to the reception area, passing a grandiose aquatic landscape with waterfalls. From the lobby you can reach the hotel rooms or the large garden area, on a surface of 56,000 square metres, in the centre of which a large 21 metres high wooden African lodge is located; this lodge houses a restaurant and a bar. Common areas are connected by an extensive sheet of water crisscrossed by small bridges. In total there are nine swimming pools (all of them heatable at different temperatures) covering a total surface of 4,245 square metres. Specially outstanding are: the “lazy river”, two artificial beaches, pools with waterfalls and caves, the “chocolate” pool (the name of which refers to its brown colour) and the “two palm trees” pool, as well as a pool with water attractions for children and babies. The hotel’s leisure and recreation areas are enriched even more by a complete entertainment programme with a variety of activities during the day and in the evenings. Materials used for the hotel’s interior decoration and design were carefully chosen searching the appropriate item for every single corner of the hotel complex. On the walls of the hotel’s buffet restaurants guests will appreciate layers of natural coconut and wooden bricks, as well as French porcelain stoneware on the floors of the pool areas. Regarding the hotel rooms an exquisite finishing with high-quality woodwork and sound insulation was chosen. Other materials which can be found around the hotel are dry bamboo, die-cut steel or coloured mortar with added shredded straw to simulate adobe. Rooms The rooms’ interior design carefully combines colour schemes and African ambience. The Lopesan Baobab was built on a plot of 72,000 square metres with a total of 522 standard double rooms, 8 of them modified for guests with limited mobility and 17 deluxe double rooms with pool, perfect for guests looking for privacy, romanticism and/or relaxation; there are also 55 family doubles and 15 family doubles with direct access to the “chocolate” and the “two palm trees” pools, as well as 8 superior double rooms, 40 junior suites, 20 senior suites and 1 royal suite. There is no doubt that the hotel’s different room categories can meet any requirement or need guests may have, since they can choose from comfortable standard rooms, spacious family rooms, luxury rooms or magnificent suites for young and old. All rooms offer excellent views which vary depending on their location, as for example beautiful panoramic views on the dunes, on the nearby palm oasis, on the hotel’s garden area or the island’s mountain landscape. Gastronomy The Lopesan Baobab Resort offers high quality cuisine in all restaurants, characterized by an elevated level of creativity. For this purpose the hotel’s select kitchen staff puts special emphasis on using the best products and on preparing them in presence of the hotel guests. The ‘Akara’ Restaurant is only open for dinner and its name refers to an African recipe; it offers flavours from the very heart of Africa with a menu committed to originality. The hotel’s second a la carte restaurant is the ‘Pili Pili’ Restaurant, open at lunchtime and specialised in paellas, seafood and grilled meat. Furthermore, there are two buffet restaurants, the ’Marula’ and the ‘Baobab’, the premises of which are conveniently separated to provide differentiated atmospheres where delicacies from international occidental cuisine are served. The restaurants’ wine cellar provides an excellent selection of the finest wines from around the world as a complement to the great gastronomic offer. The hotel also hosts five bars, two of them located in the pool areas; Henry Stanley bar and Mungo Park Bar complete the resort’s restaurant and bar options. Leisure and sports activities The hotel has at its guests’ disposal a complete and varied entertainment programme, offering something for everybody. Many of the organised activities take place during the day and in the evenings, when it’s just the right time to have a drink or enjoy professional shows on the hotel’s outdoor plaza, on a specially designed stage, next to the magnificent African lodge. Furthermore the resort offers a fully-equipped gym and a varied wellness programme, as well as other activities for sports fans. For golf fans the golf courses of Meloneras Golf and Maspalomas Golf are available and a free bus shuttle service to these golf courses is provided by the hotel. For the little hotel guests fun is guaranteed at the hotel’s Panchi World Mini-Club with a stage and two pools for children, one of them with a water-slide. The Lopesan Baobab Resort also houses specially equipped rooms for conferences, conventions and events with highly functional and stylish facilities which can be easily modified and adapted to hold particular events. The hotel’s large panoramic ‘Karisimbi’ room is specially outstanding with a size of 1,002 square metres and a capacity for 800 persons, the perfect choice for any kind of celebration, conference or event. To complete the hotel’s range of services there are, among others, a hairdressing salon with beauty treatments and massages, a boutique & souvenir shop and a private parking area (with extra charge), as well as a babysitter/nanny service (with extra charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lopesan Baobab Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lopesan Baobab Hotel Maspalomas