4,032 results
All reviews walk in wardrobe dressing room star hotel half board quiet pool ovo restaurant plaza area sea view beautiful hotel gran canaria house band thalasso spa breakfast and dinner resident band separate shower evening entertainment room safe
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2018

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
villadelconde, Manager at Lopesan Villa del Conde Resort & Thalasso, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Reviewed October 11, 2018

I stayed here again and I loved it again. During the two weeks of my stay and felt pampered and very well taken care of. The architecture is remarkable and I loved strolling around between the colorful buildings. The rooms was nicely refurbished and very comfortable. Staff is extremely helpful and attentive to customer wishes. Excellent buffets for breakfast and dinner, meals are freshly prepared and very delicious. Location is good, 15 minutes walk to the dunes of Maspalomas.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
villadelconde, Guest Relations Manager at Lopesan Villa del Conde Resort & Thalasso, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear Ryokoo,

in the Name of all our Team of the Lopesan Villa del Conde we would like to thank you very much for have chosen our hotel again and for your lovely feedback.

It is a pleasure to know, that you did like our Hotel that much that you decided to come back and were again very satisfied especially with the new refurbished rooms, our kind staff, the buffet variety and quality and the location.

We hope to welcome you soon back.

Kind regards,

Guests relations

Reviewed October 11, 2018

For 5 years we have been holidaying at the Villa Del Conde. The fact that we returned each year is testament to how much we enjoyed it. This year it was different.

They have introduced a 'Unique' VIP class which if you can afford separates those guests from us other mortals i.e. 'Them' and 'Us'. A prime section of the Restaurant and pool area is dedicated solely to 'Them'. They also have a different coloured pool towel.

The pool restaurant was closed for refurbishment and enclosed in green tarpaulin making it unpleasant to lie at the surrounding pool. It was also not possible to use the quiet pool (our favourite) due to the noise from an adjoining block that was being refurbished. In their infinite wisdom the management also decided at the same time to close La Casa Viejo - a smaller more intimate restaurant with outdoor dining which give guests the choice to dine there for breakfast and dinner.

What really impacted detrimentally on our holiday was the fact that the new air conditioning system in the room is set at its coolest to 22 degrees. This made it impossible to have an afternoon nap and so very difficult to sleep at night. I complained about this and Anita Cascon from guest relations rang me to the room and said it was due to health and safety regulations. She further said that the old system had fans only blowing through the vents and not air con! I found this incredulous for a 5 star hotel in a resort with temperatures that can reach in excess of 28 degrees. I have Thomson A La Carte books as far back as May 2015 which clearly state 'Rooms benefit from air-conditioning'.

When we checked out I booked a half hour complementary room to shower and change as we were not getting picked up till 5pm. The room allocated was 4115. As soon as we open the door we were greeted with wonderfully chilled air con. The thermostat read 18 degrees!

Prior to leaving I spoke to Beatrice Schmidt on guest relations and asked her why we had to endure 22 degrees in our room throughout the week whilst room 4115 was set to 18 degrees? She said that 22 degrees was recommended by Technical Service and could not explain 18 degrees in room 4115 (no mention of health and safety)

What was such a wonderful hotel - shame things have changed.

Mgt C. N. Ireland

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank M C
villadelconde, Guest Relations Manager at Lopesan Villa del Conde Resort & Thalasso, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear guests,

we would like to thank you very much for having chosen the Hotel Lopesan Villa del Conde for your recent stay in Gran Canaria and for your detailed feedback.

First of all, we regret the inconvenience caused by the improvement works in some areas of our hotel. This works can cause occasional inconvenience, although our team tries to minimize any inconvenience.

We are in an ongoing process of improving facilities and service, which derives from our ongoing commitment to provide the best service to our guests so that their stay will remain unique and memorable.

We sincerely apologize for the uncomfortable situation.

As a small note we would like to inform you that as in all catalogs and websites advertised we have 2 buffet restaurants of which, however, only the main restaurant "La Plaza" is open and our second buffet restaurant "La Casa Vieja" only open in the high season or at a very high occupancy of the hotel in order to distribute the volume of the guests.
In the time of your visit, this was closed, as the occupancy of the hotel had fallen, which in the early days can lead to our guests predominantly at the same dinner times and therefore these rush hours arise.
Therefore we do not recommend to dine directly at 18:30h or 20:30h, but 15-20 minutes later, because the volume decreases a bit.
Furthermore, to reduce waiting times in the buffet, small snacks are added in other points and, for example, the garlic prawns (Gambas al ajillos) which our guests love, offered at 2 stations instead of one so to be able to reduce waiting times there.
We also insert more staff in the main restaurant to prevent waiting times.

It is definitely not the intention of Lopesan our guests in any way to classify between different class society.
Since the hotel market is constantly changing, we try to keep up with these in order to offer our guests always new offers and services and to be able to keep up with the service of the competition.
Of course always without neglecting our customers, as our hotel has enough space and staff to meet the needs of all our guests.
The Hotel have several pools and also have a lot of spacious areas so that we always have enough sunbeds available for each guest.
In case a guest do not find a free sunbed, our lifeguard is always at the disposal of our guests to find a free space.
Furthermore, our hotel always offers the possibility, if the there is a room available in the Unique category to offer guests a room upgrade with the corresponding additional tariff if they wish to stay in this category and to use the additional services.

Due to the air conditioner, unfortunately, the new Spanish law for hotels and public places does not allow to install air conditioners which are working under 22 degrees Celsius. (Safety-reasons)
The room at your check-out day was not complete refurbished until now this may be the reasons as we are changing this little by little in all rooms based on the new low.

From the other hand, we would also thank you very much for your constructive criticism which have been passed to the management of Lopesan, which helps us to improve our services every day.

We kindly ask you to contact us please, when you plan your next visit to can give you information about the currently situation.

We would love to welcome you back soon in our Hotel and remain

With best regards,

Guests relations

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

To context this review- Melonares has been my “go to” resort for 18 years and this hotel for 6 years - prior to that the Grand Hotel was my choice a Lopesan sister hotel.

This visit almost put me off forever but please read on.

The lady at check in ( could have been a robot) “ have you stayed here before lady?” - “ yes 6 times” - went on to tell me all the things I already knew - times of restaurant, dress code. “I need your voucher?” - “ yes I have just given it you “ - “ oh yes I see so many people” - clearly regular guests are just another number.

We requested a quiet room as the prior year as a Birthday treat we booked a suite but it was right on the plaza and very noisy at night.

This year we got block C which at first I thought would be ok- it isn’t - the band start at 2130 and get progressively louder as the night goes on. I understand some guests like this entertainment but it’s not for me, so we planned our evening to avoid the noise, staying out as late as possible.

Our room was also over the bar which at 1am was still going strong.

So unlike me I complained!!!!

As I write I’m in a peaceful room with an amazing view - probably the best yet - the man on reception was so kind, warm and friendly (not a robot) and let us look at the room first, they helped move our luggage too.

It was almost my last visit to this hotel and maybe the resort where I feel at peace.

Lopesan you should recognise those guests that regularly visit your hotels -we are your ambassadors.

I hope the rest of our holiday allows me to feel the return of the love I have always had for this hotel and this resort.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaqholt

Dear Jaqholt,

first of all we would like to thank you for coming back to the Lopesan Villa del Conde and for your detailed feedback.

First of all we regret the inconvenience caused during your stay and would like to deeply apologice.
Regrading your check-in we would like to inform you that from the process of Lopesan as there bereber many changes in the Hotel, we have to pass to each guest even if there were here already again all information to prevent that there is not any issue for for example information which have been changed and you could not know.

We also regret that your first room were not to your satisfaction as it was noisy, but we are very great that you did contact us and we could offer you a room change to your satisfaction and would also like to thank you for pass us this information during you stay so we could offer a solution.

We kindly ask you to pass us before arrival an email y by doing the online check-in on Lopesan.com pass us the information of your room wish as also that you are repeater as unfortunately our system do not recognize this until your check-in when we pass your passport details, that way we will to our best in under to fulfill your wish and we already know in advance that you are a loyal guests of our hotel.
Nevertheless we have to inform you that room wishes cannot confirmed before arrival upon the availability of the hotel.

Thank you very much for your constructive criticism which helps us to improve our standards.

We hope to welcome you very soon back and would like to thank you once again for your feedback.

Kind regards,