“Sqeeky bottom time but so much fun”
Review of Go Ape Wendover

Go Ape Wendover
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: 'Extreme' route at Go Ape Wendover Woods. A first for Go Ape, a scrambling net and climbing wall just to reach our most adventurous crossings. Will you take on the challenge? Set high up on the Northern crest of the Chilterns, at Go Ape Wendover Woods you can enjoy the spectacular and idyllic views and wild landscape across Aylesbury Vale from high up in the trees. With a smattering of tree-top high wires, high ropes crossings and a wind-in-your-face zip wire, you'll want to swing by this Tree Top Adventure in Buckinghamshire. And if you're looking for activities and things to do near Oxford, Go Ape really is just a stones throw away.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Sqeeky bottom time but so much fun”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Went to wendover today brillint fun we were spoilt as my party of 3 was only ones there (10:30am) brief at start was good and starff a good laugh all sections briliant tarzan swing incredable would go again tommorrow if i could cant wait for my next visit

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Surprise 25th Birthday Day Out!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My girlfriend surprised me with a trip out to Go Ape at Wendover Woods, we met a group of 6 friends there and had a great time! Took us 3 hours to complete the 5 sections to the trail.
Would reccommend it to anyone, had a fab time. The staff were friendly and very helpful.

I am unsure what the cost was as my partner paid so I couldn't comment on value for money but it is thouroughly enjoyable and you are sure to be aching the next day.

Visited March 2013
Addlestone, United Kingdom
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Fantastic - Lots of fun and family bonding”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went to Go Ape yesterday (Sun, 4th March) in a group of 6, our ages ranged from 17yrs to 31yrs and we had a fantastic time.

I’m a 27 year old lady and was anxious about taking part before we had even gotten there. Before you start you have a safety talk and demonstration which is very insightful and covers everything you need to know infact it was a little bit too long as it lasted 45 mins.
Top Tip - Don’t wear white trainer or anything good or of value. Wear old cloths as you will more than likely fall in wood chippings & dirt as your landing on the zip line/wire.
It took us about an hour and a half to get round the course which consisted of 5 different challenges one of which included the training and demonstration area. The challenges started easy and progressed in difficulty. We were swinging from trees and if your scared of heights this will challenge you but your completely safe.

There is a leap of faith – Which certainly tested me and it took me a good 5 mins to actually leap off the platform whilst panicking. As you jump you freefall for a few seconds before the rope catch’s you and throws you into a net. It was a real rush and I really enjoyed it.

Top Tip – bring gloves as you’ll be holding a rope or a wire for a lot of the time. Some physical strength is required. You don’t have to be hugely fit but if you’re on the large side I would think you’ll struggle with climbing up the steep ladders.

All in all Fantastic! Great for family bonding! The staff were very friendly and supportive! You also receive a certificate at the end which is a nice touch.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank lynnie_dude
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Conquer your fear of heights!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This is a brilliant experience for teenagers and adults alike. The tuition and safety briefing is thorough and after that you are left to your own devices to tackle five different areas of increasing height and difficulty, each with a zip slide at the end. It takes around 2 and a half hours to complete and is quite tiring, but exhilarating! Highly recommended for a bit of family bonding!

Buckinghamshire
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“If you are brave enough .... and like swinging through the trees ....”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you like adventure, climbing trees and have a head for heights, this is for you - also adds credibility from children :o). Their are five courses to complete so being reasonably fit helps - the children thoroughly enjoyed this. Safety precautions are thorough prior to starting - the zip wire is the most fun. Certificates are given to those who complete the course.