Innkeeper's Lodge Aylesbury (East), Aston Clinton
West Lodge Hotel(Aston Clinton)
$105
TripAdvisor
Premier Inn Tring Hotel(Tring)(Great Value!)
$74
PremierInn.com
$66
$65
  • Pool
$80
Travelodge Aylesbury Central(Aylesbury)(Great Value!)
$56
PremierInn.com
Hartwell House(Hartwell)
$293
$268
All reviewssofa bedthe pubspacious roomfamily roomcold meatsevening mealquick checkbreakfast tablemember of staffmarmaladefamily staybell hotelpleasant staywindow sillgood sizechoice of cerealslovely meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Good menu and reasonable prices. Attentive service. The decor is looking a bit tired and it needs a makeover - but good for a family meal. Joining up to their email list brings a lot of special offers.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My daughter and I had a lovely three night stay here at The Bell. The room was well decorated and modern with plenty of space. We were situated on the ground floor and we couldn't hear any noise from the restaurant or the road. Breakfast was great as we both hate cooked breakfast and the choice on offer was ample and fresh. Staff were stretched in the evening but were friendly enough and the food was fantastic and varied. I think there are some light touches that could be improved like a softer bed and better cobwebbing in the rooms but overall we were very happy and will no doubt return to this lovely part of the UK.

Room Tip: Room 3 had plenty of space, was quiet and a nice outlook onto a courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kibworthian6
Reviewed June 16, 2012

A recent makeover at The Bell did not improve food quality and service. It is over priced and service very slow and with the greeting "have you booked" attitude all very pretentious.

Apparently there was a special offer menu which we were not given and did not discover until after the main meal. My fish with fish and chips was TERRIBLE.
The Bell used to serve reasonably priced pub food....what a shame this has now gone. We won't go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank EllenRosetta
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I am biased, because I dine at the Bell at least twice a month.

The staff have always been great with me and I find that courtesy is always responded to with courtesy. the menu is varied and reasonably (by todays standards) priced. They have a good selection of beers, wines and soft drinks and there is a lot of room to manouevre at tables which I find to be important for a comfortable meal.

My only complaints are that the pub has an abundance of families with children who can sometimes be annoying, and on Sundays if you dont book, you wont get a table for lunch. Other than that i love coming here and in my opinion, its the only pub in the area that has got the "Gastro" offering and pricing right.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John S
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I've been here a few times (mostly with my grandparents) and have enjoyed it every time. My most recent visit was with a couple of freinds (for a birthday) and had an excellent experience; the quality of the service was outstanding (as it has been every time I visited) and when our waitress had to leave, she introduced us all to her replacement and made sure that everyone was comfortable with what was going on. The savoury food was equally good, though my dessert (a poached pear dish) was unremittingly bitter and sour (and I typically love sour foods) and served as quite a damper on my experience, as well as the overall cost (even the drinks are quite expensive), otherwise, a regularly positive experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends