“Surly Server, Food Average”

Marty's Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Paisley
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Marty's was earnestly recommmended to us by a local resident and, not surpising, it was mostly locals occupying the 14 to16 tables in this simple, ordinary restaurant. Sometimes, that can be a sign a good meal is ahead of you along with some friendly down-home service. It just wasn't meant to be, at least for me. We were greeted (or rather accosted) by a waitress after seating ourselves at the table. My first thought was that we were supposed to wait to be seated but no, everyone else seated themselves and there was no sign at the door. Maybe it was a dirty table - there was some spilled salt but no dishes. In the end, we came to the conclusion she was just miserable.
As for the food, it was OK. Not much different than what you'd get at a local pub or tired diner but DEFINITELY, nothing special. With better service, I would have given three stars.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were tipped off about this hidden gem by a friend, and while driving through Paisley on our way home from London, decided to have dinner there. Both meals were the best we experienced on our weekend getaway. Portions are large and presentation was excellent. Ask Kim for her specialty cocktail before dinner - a Purple People Eater. There are several beers on tap and cocktails can be made to order. The desserts are second to none. My wife chose the pecan pie which looked and tasted homemade. It came with real whipped cream garnished with a drizzle of chocolate and caramel. The atmosphere is comfy and casual. Seating is only for about 40 people so it may be wise to make reservations. We were lucky and managed to get a seat without having to reserve first. Two meals with 1 drink each came to about $45, which is excellent value. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends and we will be back again soon.

2  Thank andyfest0719
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I had exactly what I ordered, pre-made food from Sysco. If you want to eat at Marty's don't worry about driving, just go to every other restaurant in the area that sells pre-made food.

3  Thank ArmJ33
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Went for the first time on Saturday, April 13th, 2013 for dinner and wow. The food was great and the service was excellent. My husband ordered a Canadian Burger with Onion Rings and I had ordered the Mushroom Swiss Burger. There was a slight mixup where the waiter thought I had ordered the Chicken Mushroom Swiss. I took it anyway and it was good. The surprise was that because they had made a mistake they comped me my meal. I was quite willing to pay but they insisted. So we left a generous tip. The place is very small, always busy and i would definitely recommend a reservation so you are not turned away at the door. I have heard nothing but great comments from this place and they have prooven themselves.

2  Thank bellefemme77
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wow, food and quantity has always been exceptional but the new face lift has everyone talking. Never been disappointed with Marty's, Great food an exceptional variety of home cooked meals from Salmon on a plank, to the tenderest of steaks. Value is beyond comparison. Guaranteed not to come away hungry. Reasonably price fare and great value. Try it you will be back for more

4  Thank Dagwood-Blondie