“Much better than expected”
Review of Fanny's Farm Shop - CLOSED

Fanny's Farm Shop
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 154 helpful votes
“Much better than expected”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

After reading the reviews on here, I was expecting the worst after booking the Treehouse for 5 of us to met up in. The reviews couldn't have been more wrong. All the staff were very accommodating, friendly and more than helpful. Yes, we did have to suffer a few drops of rain when it hammered it down, but we were offered the option to move on several occasions, but we felt it added to the atmosphere!!

I really don't understand the negative reviews about the venue. If you want a £60 afternoon tea with all the trimmings, then go to the Ritz. For £12 we got a huge slice of homemade cake, a scone with loads of clotted cream and jam, and limitless tea and coffee. You would pay more in a Costa or Starbucks and not have such a quirky or charming experience.

Don't dismiss this place based on the bad reviews. It's a rustic little old farm shop with outbuildings selling gifts, produce and a tiny wee museum. It's not a theme park or an event, it is what it is, a family owned farm shop. Great for kids as there are pigs and chickens too.

I'll definately go back in the summer as I'm sure it looks even better in the sun.

3 Thank Carlals

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“QUIRKY!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Visited, with my wife and daughters as a treat for my birthday.
On arrival I thought to myself oh dear, what have I let myself in for?
The site appeared to be a collection of ramshackle wooden huts with interlinking dirt pathways.There are farm animals in pens along with accompanying farm animal "aroma"!
However upon further investigation it soon "grew" on me as having a real sense of welcoming homeliness. We had reserved the Tree House room for a light afternoon meal. This tree house, literally in a tree's branches, really does exude quirky charm with its candles and home made decorations. The menu is somewhat limited with various quiches and home made cakes on offer. But what may be lacking in choice is more than made up by the deliciousness of what is served. The room, reached by a rather steep, but short stairway was cosy and intimate. Weddings can be conducted here, although I believe there is a limit of ten people within,
Ideal for celebrating any occasion - with a difference.
The adjacent farm shop has a very wide range of the jams, biscuits meats etc., etc.
The staff were very pleasant.
We came away very impressed with this experience.The bottom line is - would we go again?
You betcha!

4 Thank jelofts
Woking, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Slightly disappointing”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I visited the coffee shop today. It is very Boho and quirky but a little cramped and I was disappointed to see the tree house - nothing what I was expecting although I have not see inside it I was judging purely from the outside. We only had coffee so cannot comment on the food. The service we had was friendly - would be better in the Summer I should imagine but I was underwhelmed.

Crawley, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“cramped seating”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food and service were okay, but as it was fairly busy we seemed to be wedged into our seats with no privacy to talk whilst overhearing everyone else's conversation. So it wasn't a particularly relaxing experience.

Visited October 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Grumpy Service!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I ordered tea and cake and waited for about 20 minutes till they finally delivered it outside I thought they had forgotten us.
Anyway, I poured myself a cup of tea to drink then my toddler daughter decides she would like some tea but of course it's far too hot for her! Not to worry I'll just go and fetch an extra cup so she can have her own cooler milky one. Simple right?!
Oh no after waiting forever at the till the girl directs me to the kitchen to collect a cup. However, Fanny's daughter then boomingly instructs me that she can't just give me an extra cup I have to go back to the till and pay and order one! Thus meaning I would then have the privilege of waiting another 20 minutes for an expensive empty tea cup.
Flabbergasted, I then plead with Fanny Junior for a plastic cup (whilst looking at them on the shelf) instead of gracefully giving me one she then lies and says they don't have any!
I cannot believe how rude she is. I feel sorry for the little girls who work there who she bullies around.
The Fannys seriously need to go on a customer service course!

Visited October 2013