“Friends Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arden
Springwood Cottages
Kitchener, Canada
“Friends Getaway”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was our first winter cottage experience and it couldn't have been any better. Jola and Cezar were so helpful. We had a bit of crisis where we didn't have oil or butter to cook our food. Cezar and Jola took some butter out of their personal home and gave it to us to use. We were a group of 5 and stayed at cottage 2B. Though we would have preferred a bigger cottage, we have no complaints. The hot tube was an added bonus to the -30 C weather. My friends and I will surely be returning in the summer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and I are constantly wavering on how to spend our vacation dollars. Growing up as an Ontario Cottager and having traveled coast to coast with my family in an old Ford Econoline van as a teenager nothing provides the same nostalgia of a short in province vacation. But in spite of that, this year again we found ourselves having that same debate, 4 day all inclusive or spend our money here at home. Well let me tell you that that decision will be a whole lot easier going forward. At Springwood Cottages we received 5 star treatment for an unbeatable value. When we arrived our cottage was clean and smelling fresh with the scent of the lit candles that the owners had laid out for our arrival. Our hot tub was very clean and the winter views of the snow covered pines and peaceful lake from our porch was fantastic. We took in many peaceful hours just enjoying the quietness from our porch. The owners Cezar and Jola greeted us with real Canadian hospitality and invited us to try our hand at ice fishing during our stay. Cezar had all of the gear that you can imagine and although he has a tonne of knowledge Jola proved to be the real fisherman of the two!! We had loads of activities at our disposal at the resort but also the warm comforting amenities of our cozy cottage waiting for us when we needed to warm up. We found that the other guests that were at the resort were very social as the good karma that Cezar and Jola bring to the experience is contagious. One night we enjoyed a nice group bon fire under the stars and everyone had a great time. We are definitely going back next February and I can't wait to enjoy a summer stay when we get a chance!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David S
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We celebrated our one year anniversary at spring woods cottages and it did not disappoint at all!!! We stayed in the Log Cabin which was absolutely beautiful. Cezar and Jola were a blast to chat and hang out with and our snowmobile ride was so much fun!! We were never bored, and the views....breathtaking!! We wanted to turn around as soon as we were leaving. We HIGHLY recommend this spot for anyone wanting a fun winter getaway. We are already planning our summer trip :) Can't wait!! My only regret...not asking to see the main house! I hear its unreal :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Many thanks to Cezar and Jola for the perfect place to stay this past weekend! We stayed in cottage 2B, the cottage was comfortable, and clean and spacious and the hot tub was an added bonus with the chilly frigid -35 temperatures we had! The best part of our stay was definitely the ice fishing and fishing lessons from the "Fish Whisperer" himself! I caught my very first fish thanks to Cezar's expert guidance. The whole resort provides more than enough entertainment (both indoor and outdoor) to keep everyone in your group occupied. Lots of activities to do! Everything went super well and we had a truly fantastic, memorable, time. Lots of snow, picturesque views, cozy fires, sits in the hot tub with snow softly falling, We couldn't have asked for a better winter weekend away! Thanks to Cezar and Jola for being such great hosts making everything amazing and for letting us into the truly magnificent resort that is Springwood Cottages!

I would highly recommend this cottage and will definitely be back there myself in the near future!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I spent the weekend away at Springwood Cottages with some friends this past weekend and it was nothing short of amazing! My accommodations were impeccable, the fishing was great and our hosts (Cezar and Yola) were the most gracious people I have met in recent memory. Whether it be winter or summer; this is the place to go!

Room Tip: Ask about the "main house"... It's beautiful!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Loved this place...I can't wait to check it out in the summer! The hosts were so nice and made us feel very welcomed!!! We had a huge cottage that slept 5 couples. I really love the sauna that was only steps away.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Wow, what an amazing time had by all at Springwood cottages. We just got back from our 4th (that's right 4 years in a row) ice fishing trip to beautiful Kennebec Lake. I can't say enough about how welcoming and gracious Cezar and Jola are. We have quite a large group every year (usually ranges from 16-24) and our hosts never miss a beat. From start to finish, this is always one of my favourite weekends of the year. You will arrive to clean and comfortable cottages that are more than well-equipped, and there's so much to do! Most of our time is spent ice-fishing (ask Cezar for a guided package, he always puts us on the fish!) but there is endless activities. This place is a nature-lover's dream. Snowmobiling, snowshoeing, hiking, fishing, hot-tubbing and endless trails. We called ahead to organize some events for the weekend and Cezar was nice enough to even plow out a rink on the lake for us to play hockey on. This trip will be on my calendar for years to come, can't wait for 2015!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Springwood Cottages? Share your experiences!