“SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arden
Springwood Cottages
Mimico ontario
“SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Words can simply not explain Springwood Cottages!!! Upon arrival at Springwood I felt that this can not be true!! I truely thought that something had to be wrong with this place.....but I was soon to find that not only have I found heaven nestled in the woods but it was being owned and operated by two of the most beautiful and friendly owners that I have ever come across!! Fresh Cut flowers, warm soothing music, with candles lit and birds churping sweet melodys from the trees above made me feel as if I was dreaming and never wanted to wake up!! The cottages were SPOTLESSLY clean and found out soon enough that this would soon to be a home away from home!! If there was ever anything needed the sweetheart that was running the fully loaded store(Jola) was sure to help with anything that was needed!!!.....and then theres Cezar.....The hostess with the mostess!!! Cezar is by far gone above and beyond to make Springwood feel like your own!! I could not believe that even how busy he was going to each cottage,running fishing tours, playing with the kids, conducting nightly bonfires with marshmellows for the kids...he still had time to sit with my family and make us feel welcome...he even gave us his cellular number just incase we needed anything....he would sure to be there!!!
I HIGHLY recommend this resort for anybody who expects a family atmosphere with AMAZING scenery, EXCELLENT staff with a truely reasonable price....theres no other place than SPRINGWOOD COTTAGES!!!! Thankyou Jola and Cesar.....Godbless your big hearts!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jay t
springwoodcottages, General Manager at Springwood Cottages, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review. We always go out of our way to make our guests feel welcome, and always strive for that home away from home feel. Very happy to see that you felt that too! We look forward to seeing you again soon!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed August 21, 2011

If you don't want to be overcharged on your vacation - stay away from this resort. The lake is beautiful, service is terrible. We have stayed in an old smelly cottage for 2 nights with my husband and my 75 year old mother. Since it was a short stay we did not complain and paid the full price. Upon checking out I have told the owners to check the cottage as it smelled really bad in the living room. The owners have accused us of causing the smell. And a day later $250 "damage" charge has appeared on my credit card. Would never go back to that place and would not reccomend to any of my friends.

4 Thank Lora G
Thank you for your review. It is unfortunate that you had a poor experience with us. Our prices are extremely reasonable for the luxury and ammenities that you receive. If I recall correctly, your party was very satisfied with the condition of your cottage upon arrival. We are not in the habit of keeping peoples damage deposit. We have had approx 20,000 guests in the past 8 years and have only kept maybe 3 or 4 damage deposits. The damages have to be large and justified for us to do so. In your case we had no choice but to keep the $250. Without getting into too much detail...it is because of the way you had left the cottage that we are justified in taking your damage deposit. There are no accusations; as we can prove that the smell was indeed your parties fault. Again we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Springwood Cottages.
Amelia Island, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was our third year returning to Springwood cottages and once again it never fails to exceed our expectations. The hosts Cezar and Jola go above and beyond for all of their guests needs. There is such a wonderful family atmosphere the moment you arrive. The cottages are not only immaculate but spacious. The beach and lake are beautiful and maintained on a daily basis. Our family would recommend this property to anyone looking at the opportunity to enjoy a cottage vacation and "get back to nature" with their children. The owners organize daily activities for families and the week is always concluded with a bonfire party! Every year has provided us the opportunity to not only enjoy making new friends but reuniting with the ones from years past. Truly a gem!

Room Tip: We have always rented the main cottage and enjoyed the additional amenities provided.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. Here at Springwood Cottages we pride ourselves on being a great place to bring your family for vacation. We enjoy holding our daily activities just as much as the kids do participating in them. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patronage, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!!!
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My family and I have had the BEST summers ever at Springwood Cottages! It is soooo relaxing and beautiful! The staff are amazing and friendly and 100% welcoming! I feel like all of them do an outstanding job and should be recognized! We truly feel like Cezar and Jola are like family and can't wait to go back each year!
The cottages are immaculate! Even the out houses were spotless! We actually consider it a 5 star resort because thats the way it feels!
It is a safe and very fun way to spend your holidays! We wanted for nothing! Everyone was helpful and considerate of each other in the surrounding cottages too. I didn't worry about my kids or where they were the entire week! Lots of fun activities including fishing, boating, canoeing, tubing, swimming ect. Something for everyone!
What better way to spend your time away from reality! Truly amazing!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for your review. As you stated, Springwood Cottages is a family resort with many activities geared towards families and children. We always try to make our guests as comfortable as possible! We are very pleased to hear that you had another wonderful vacation with us, and look forward to seeing you again next year!
Ormstown, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was our second year at Springwood Cottages and it was one of the best places we have ever been. It's a real family place and the friendliness and welcoming from Cezar and Jola was amazing. You really feel like you have known them for years. The cottage we stayed at was clean as a whistle, we were never short of anything, and if we needed anything, they were ALWAYS available!! There were activities to do for kids and something going on almost everyday. Cezar and Jola give up their spare time to make sure their guests have an exceptional time. We look forward to next year!! XO

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. As you stated, we have impeccably clean cottages, provided by our thorough cleaning staff! We always strive for 100% customer satisfaction and am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Springwood Cottages. We look forward to seeing you next year...although, you don't have to wait that long! We're open YEAR ROUND, and we are always here for you!
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Well rhendi I could not disagree with you more on your review of Springwood Cottages. I was there on the week in question and I remember your group quite well. Your group was rather rude and very unfriendly as I watched quest after quest say good morning to you or someone in your group and not one of you acknowledged it. I now have a bad impression of Argentinean’s and I hope that all Argentinean’s are not as rude as your group. Anyways, my family had to sit, watch and wait for 6 hours while all your groups’ children hogged the tubing and water skiing activities and now I hear in your review that you only paid 20 dollars per half hour. If anyone should be mad it's me as I paid 30 dollars a half hour and was happy to do so as it clearly states what the rates are. Your group also hogged the volleyball courts and when I brought it to Ceasers attention he immediately came and my children then got to play with your children for a booming 5 minutes. Is that because my children are of Irish decent? Your group did not seem too unhappy when Ceaser had a weenie roast with gourmet hotdogs and cheddar cheese sauce all at no cost to you or me. I guess that escaped your mind too. I'd be remiss if I didn't address your comments on the facilities, namely the cottages. They are all in excellent shape and are well furnished and even air conditioned. The beds are all new and all cottages are either brand new or newly refurbished. I've stayed in several cottages and cottage resorts throughout the years and Springwood Cottages are by far the nicest my family has stayed in. Modern amenities with a nice rustic touch make my families stay there very pleasant and enjoyable. I would most definitely recommend Springwood Cottages to all my friends and family and will make it a yearly vacation for me and my family. Ceaser and Yola are very welcoming and go out of their way to make sure each and every guest's needs are met.

2 Thank Raymond_182
We thank you for your review! You are correct, all of our cottages are either brand new or newly renovated, with everything you could ever need at the cottage. We always try to make our guests as comfortable as possible. Thanks again for your wonderful review! Hope to see you again in the near future...
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We spent a week at this resort. We were amazed with the hospitality and warmth from Cezar and Jola. They made our stay very pleasant. We were speechless when we walked in the cottage we rented with lit candles, fresh cut flowers and relaxing music playing in the background. The rates are reasonable for the cottage and the renting of the boats considering that the cottages are more like condos surronded by beautiful scenery. Our kids had a great time tubing and Cezar was willing to do anything to keep the children happy. Jola was also helpful with the kids with lots of activities which gave us more time to relax and enjoy our stay. If you are looking for a creaky floors and molding smelling cottages with a crazy party well then enjoy your stay at Wasaga beach. But if you are looking for a sandy beach, clean environment, amazing hosts and great fishing your choice is the little slice of heaven called Springwood Cottages.......Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! It's always nice to see our guests enjoy their time here with us at Springwood Cottages. It's true, Cezar truely enjoys taking the kids out and watching them have a blast water tubing and skiing... We always strive to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible, and are willing to go out of our way to do so. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Been to Springwood Cottages? Share your experiences!