“small town restaurant with worldly charm”
Review of Cafe Postino

Cafe Postino
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Almonte
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since opening in early 2011, Cafe Postino has been delighting patrons. Its devoted clientele is a blend of locals, tourists and business people that keep coming back for the authentic Italian cuisine, the distinctive ambience and the excellent service. Located in a vintage Post Office in the heart of downtown Almonte, Cafe Postino is the realization of owners Steve and Claire Falsetto's vision of having a restaurant in the community they now call home. Having owned numerous restaurants in Ottawa and Miami, they bring decades of culinary experience to their customers, and it shows! Steve draws upon family recipes from his roots in southern Italy using the most flavourful and freshest of ingredients to create preservative-free homemade dishes. He takes pride in the traditional pastas, sauces and custom desserts that are made at the cafe. The wine list is carefully chosen by Steve to complement the meals, including the daily specials offered at both lunch and dinner. As an accredited interior designer, Claire has transformed the space in the Old Post Office while retaining its original architectural details. With its understated European flair, the cafe offers a casual and classy setting for celebrating with family and friends, meeting with clients or simply enjoying a relaxing meal. Together, Steve and Claire have refined the art of extending hospitality to their guests. And, with their passion for serving delectable meals at reasonable prices, they look forward to welcoming you to Cafe Postino. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great little Italian restaurant in historic downtown Almonte with authentic, delicious Italian food. Wonderful atmosphere where you can watch the chef prepare your meals. Friendly staff. Truly a gem tucked away in a small town - worth the drive from the big city! - Parking available on the street - for free!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A local gem for myself. My wife and I visit a few times a year and we've never been disappointed.
Excellent service, menu selection and the drive to satisfy keeps us coming back for more. It's like Little Italy in the Valley.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Our daughters treated us to a gift certificate at Postino's which we redeemed Saturday March 1st, 2014. Positive: Ambiance, open, airy, very clean, good service, fresh bread with artichoke paté was very good. Negative: I had the 'special' veal chop which was mostly bone with considerable fat with a very limited portion size of mashes potatoes and vegetables. No appetizer included and for $26, it was not worth it. My husband had veal parmesan which was good but not noteworthy. Nothing spectacular to draw us back again.

1  Thank Ida E
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I had an absolutely awesome dinner at Café Postino. I challenged the waitress to bring my anything on the menu that would make me want to come back and boy did they deliver. I had one of the most wonderful filet mignons I had ever eaten. And that says a lot as I've had steak in Edmonton, Calgary, Chicago, Las Vegas, Houston, San Antonio, etc. and this was right at the top. My wife had the chicken scallopini in Sambuca (menu says veal but they gladly substituted) and it was awesome as well.

Food was fabulous, prices were good, presentation was excellent and service was very, very good. Split an appetizer, 4 beer, 1 bottle of wine, split a dessert and $ 132 all taxes in so we feel it was very reasonable. Took a cab home and will definitely be back.

1  Thank emmittOttawaOn
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I attended a large retirement party at this restaurant and the combination of the service and food will ensure I attend again for a personal dinner. The restaurant is a hidden gem in the downtown of Almonte, a quaint village in itself. The service for a group of 40+ people who filled the venue was top notch and fast. I requested a gluten free, vegetarian meal and received one of the best meals I have had at a business function in a long time. Personalized service, outstanding food and a reasonable price make this worth the drive from Ottawa or the surrounding area.