“Back for Christmas”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of JR's Family Restaurant - CLOSED

JR's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Tel 613 256 2031
ottawa
“Back for Christmas”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Posted about the great Thanksgiving buffet in October.We went back this past Sunday,for our family Christmas get - together,and the Christmas buffet was every bit as good as the Thanksgiving one.Attentive service,a great buffet selection, a really nice vibe,and well- priced.The new owners still seem to be doing their best to counter the bad publicity from the short- lived previous ownership,and folks should continue to give them a chance.All in all, a great time .
We do agree that the restaurant was too cool,however- might help if the gas fireplace in the room we were in could be fixed.
But not a big deal-We will go back!

London, Ontario
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stopped in on Saturday afternoon on our way through Almonte and was very glad we did. Food was fantastic and very plentiful. Service was quick and attentive. I wish we had JR's in London.
Keep it up. We will definetly be back.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Kal S
Ottawa, Canada
“Does not meet expectations”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Knowing this place is a local favourite, I thought I'd give it a try. Having heard that it was known for great food at a great price, I was surprised to see how little $20 will get me. Nearly everything seems to be overpriced for a restaurant which offers little in the way of ambiance.

The beef dip was okay, but the au jus was so salty I should have sent it back. The restaurant temperature was too cool and the wait staff was kind but seemingly too busy to tend to our needs very well. We waited a long time for dessert and my dining partner never got the drink he ordered with dessert.

Visited November 2012
ottawa
“Great Thanksgiving Buffet”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Our family hasn't been to JR's for quite a while. Despite the recent reviews, we decided to return on Thanksgiving Sunday. We were pleasantly surprised! The buffet was fine, the place was clean, the waitress was attentive and the turkey and trimmings were absolutely delicious. We are planning to have our Christmas dinner at JR's.

Ottawa, ON
“Change of management = changed review”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Since my 2011 review, I have changed my view. The restaurant now seems to be operated by friendly but inexperienced people. The food was not very good, no matter what we tried, and we had to wait a long time for it. The remark about oily french fries was right. It is too bad that this place went downhill so abruptly and thoroughly. Maybe with time and an experienced chef, things will improve.

• Visited August 2012