All reviewsgolf coursejacuzzi bathon arrivalhoneymoon suitewalk in showerwedding venueevening mealbeautiful hotelbooked this hotelone night stayfamily roomsteakbrecon beaconsstandard roomwedding breakfastno liftfull welsh breakfast
Reviewed September 22, 2009

My husband and I had an enjoyable short break at the Old Rectory Hotel. Shaun and his team are professional and attentive whilst maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The hotel is ideally located between the Brecon Beacons and the Black Mountains for our favourite hobby of walking. You can take a short stroll into the pretty village of Crickhowell to one of the many pubs and restaurants or we can highly recommend the restaurant at the Old Rectory Hotel, the meals we had were excellent and Shaun's enthusiasm as a chef is evident.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoxEngland
Reviewed July 30, 2009

My husband and I spent 4 days at this hotel in Crickhowell and had a lovely break. The hotel has its own 9 hole golf course which kept the husband happy while I explored the local shops which had more than enough to keep me entertained! We also walked a lot during our stay - both in the local mountains - a lovely walk up 'table mountain' and along Llangattock escarpment (fantastic views both) and also along the canal - less views but plenty of ducks and boats and it was all my legs could manage on our third day. We found the hotel spotless and our room was well equipped and the bed very comfortable. We had a view over he golf course that was peaceful and beautiful. The hotel was perfectly located for a quiet break - no outside noise which has spoiled many of our previous breaks. The large car park made for easy parking. We ate in the hotel most nights and found the food delicious and perfectly cooked- generous portions all beautifully presented - the scallops and cote de beouf were particularly memorable. Breakfasts were also very good. We had most of our lunches in Crickhowell - good bar snacks at The Bear and the Bridge End. The manager of the Old Rectory, Shaun and his daughter, were perfect hosts who made our stay that little bit 'special'. We will be back - as soon as possible!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EnglandRobby
Reviewed July 12, 2009

A very pleasant stay in a good hotel on a beautifull spot

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FriendsAmsterdam
Reviewed July 6, 2009

This hotel is fabulous, it's up there with any 5 star hotel i've stayed in. We stayed in the suite which was great, the staff were friendly , the rooms spotless and beautifully decorated. I have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone, and will be returning.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emmalouCheltenham
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We were originally booked elsewhere but the owner double booked us!! We were sent to the Old Rectory the proprietor could not have been more obliging and sincere. We had a fantastic suite it was spotlessly clean and well equiped with hot and cold drinks, plenty of clean towels and shower products. The food was excellent and the service faultless my only critisism, we werent able to stay longer. We will be going back

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple