“Beautiful place!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llangattock
Queensland
“Beautiful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I just returned back home to Australia and had to comment about this place. Just FANTASTIC! I visited there several times during my stay in Wales and every time it was spot on. The food, staff, location and building, what is there to complain about....nothing! I didn't stay as I was staying with family but this place became my second home. I had many meals and drinks in the bar. The meals are well priced and are of an excellent quality and generous serves. Highly recommend this place and will certainly be returning on my next visit to Wonderful Wales!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Willenhall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed here on a living social deals offer. Excellent value for money. Location was ideal for a quiet night away. Walking distant from a lovely quaint town. Beautiful suite, the only negative was that as was an old building very creaky and woke us early the next day. Food was excellent and service was very good even though they had a big party to attend. Golf course according to my husband wasn't the best but we understand quiet time of year. Overall great place to stay and would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kikid99
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

The family had Sunday lunch here yesterday and must admit it was lovely. We started off with pumpkin soup , followed By 2 slices of beef , roast potatoes and the largest Yorkshire pudding you have ever seen. There was a lot of food to be eaten for £12.99 per head for 2 courses. There are no other meals available on a Sunday though. The meals were very hot , the service was excellent and the meals were served promptly. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the Old Rectory , which I can't rate highly enough. We also had a midweek meal in the restaurant here with the family for my birthday and that was equally excellent. Top marks.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Besty2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night and all I can say is if you don't mind a few stairs I would definitely recommend Room 27. Havent seen the other rooms so cant comment but room 27 has the most amazing huge Jacuzzi bath, we sat there for hours with a bottle of bubbly looking at the stars through the attic window. The bed was soooooo comfy! The breakfast was top quality and the staff really friendly and welcoming. I cant recommend this hotel highly enough, Fantastic.

Room Tip: Room 27 for the amazing bath
1 Thank 972SianK
Abertillery, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

My partner, Gloria and stayed at the Rectory Hotel, for a short one night break on 8 November. We had a 3 course meal, in the restaurant, on the Friday evening. Even though there was a large party in the restaurant, on that evening, the food we had and the service we received, were both superb. My fillet steak was cooked, exactly as requested and Gloria's lamb, melted in her mouth. The hotel only buys what can be described as top class meat. Both our starters and desserts were also of the highest quality. Our room was very comfortable and spacious and spotlessly clean. The welcome we had from all the staff, was first class. Breakfast, the next morning was exceptionally nice, again quality food and nice friendly service. In the restaurant that morning was someone, I recognized, who had left Wales 30 years ago, to live in New Zealand. It was Phil Kingsley Jones, who had played a few games for Abertillery RFC, when my late father, Arthur, was the Chairman. Phil was sat, having breakfast with 2 of the all time greats of New Zealand rugby, Colin Meads, ( Pinetree ) and Wayne Shelford. Enjoyed a nice chat with them. Overall a really nice stay at the Rectory.
Philip A Crozier, FCMA, CGMA.

neath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I like to say thanks to shaun and staff for looking after my passengers on a walking tour of wales
great welcome and great food and sorting out pack lunches for all the walkers and free bottle
water in rooms was a extra touch so on behalf of the walkers and myself
Thanks again
see you in the new year
Nelsons coaches and walking tours of wales

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank june n
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

What a great find best hotel I have been in what a welcome great room great food .what else can I say and I can't wait to go back .thanks Shaun and family for a great break we will be back for Xmas dinner and to see Shaun dressed as Santa and to get some more of that great cider down me and wine for the wife ha ha.

2 Thank Martyn C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangattock
Peterstone Court Hotel
The Angel
The Angel
#1 of 2 in Abergavenny
Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa

Been to The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club? Share your experiences!