“Birthday Treat”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llangattock
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We booked this hotel with a groupon voucher so didn't know what to expect. The staff were really friendly and Sean the owner was really obliging and friendly. The meal we had was fantastic and the overall atmosphere was relaxed and friendly.

Will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: All rooms have lovely views, we stayed in room 21 with a four poster bed and Jacuzzi bath.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Treharris
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We booked as a party of 16 for Sunday lunch to celebrate our daughter's 18th birthday. The staff were very friendly and helpful and went that extra mile to ensure that our needs were catered for. The meal was exemplary and thoroughly enjoyed by all. Definitely will be visiting again.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2012

we were 3 couples who went away for a break,this is a lovely hotel. staff very nice and helpful as soon as we arrived they made us feel very welcomed,rooms are great ,food fantastic will go back again the staff are really friendly

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Mid Glamorgan
Reviewed March 9, 2012

3rd time we have been to this hotel again fantastic welcome by Shaun and staff
room was clean all the details of a 5 star hotel food fantastic again.
all the little details fresh fruit free water in rooms again better and a 5 star hotel .

cant wait for 4Th visit

Room Tip: pay extra and get a good room. but all the rooms i have seen are very nice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I do a lot of business in South Wales, sometimes for weeks on end and the friendly welcoming atmostphere at the Rectory makes the trips less of a chore. I have stayed at pretty much all the hotels in the area but its the Rectory that I keep coming back to.

The rooms vary in size and facilities, some with showers and others with massive baths and lounge areas but all are of a high quality and well worth the visit. The corridors have fridges stocked with sparkiling and still bottles of water. All the rooms I stayed in were comfortable and clean.

Free WiFi is available in the bar and lounge so I was able to keep up with my emails without any hassle. I wish more hotels offered this, I think that in this day and age WiFi facilities are a must with a hotel and I get anoyed with the big chains trying to charge for it.

I have never tried out the golf course but I appreciate the views of the landscape from the windows whenever I stay or sit outside with a beer. A little hard to explain to my wife that its work at times!

The food is excelent and many a time when I have fancied something different from the menu they have been only too happy to ablige.

The staff are friendly and have a laugh with you making you feel welcome and part of the family. Its the little things like this that make or break a visit.

This Hotel is well worth a visit if you want to stay in that part of the world, I can't recommend it strongley enough.

Room Tip: Rooms 14 and 15 are really nice big rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
warwickshire, UK
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We arrived on Friday evening Shaun was straight over to us to say hello and shake hands. Smashing guy. All the staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough. Lovely place,fantastic food, great location. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed with my Partner for a weekend last month as part of large party of walkers. Our room was very comfortable on the ground floor overlooking the golf course at the back. We had dinner in the hotel on Friday & Saturday night and had breakfast on Saturday & Sunday mornings. The food was excellent but the service very slow. I understand the hotel was full and was also hosting a Dinner Dance & a Welsh Rugby Match on the Saturday but the owners must have known about both of these in advance and should have had far more staff on duty at all mealtimes. The thing I found most difficult to understand in a 4* hotel was that early Saturday evening the cold - yes cold water ran out in our bathroom swiftly followed by the hot! Not a drop in the shower/bath, basin or the toilet. The same thing happened in all the other rooms our party were occupying leaving many covered in soap or, like myself, unable to shower or flush the toilet for about an hour - not funny when you have just returned from a 16 mile hike!!! The same thing happened Sunday morning before breakfast - but I got up early and managed to avoid it but my partner was caught short! Shame really because it is a beautiful hotel with good food & decent staff, in a fantastic walking location, but they really do need to sort out the water supply issues before I would consider returning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alison698
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangattock
Peterstone Court Hotel
The Angel
The Angel
#1 of 2 in Abergavenny
Nant Ddu Lodge Hotel & Spa

Been to The Old Rectory Country Hotel and Golf Club? Share your experiences!