“Excellent”

Park Place Guest House
Ranked #2 of 3 Llangattock B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I, my wife and my two daughters stayed for just two days as my wife was going to a PhD residential development programme in Buckland hall center. We received a friendly welcome on arrival,the owner was very amiable, the breakfast was delightful and very well cooked.
I hope back there soon when my wife finishes her PhD, beautiful area, and fully recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very nice to be offered tea and welsh cakes after a long journey. Single room was very compact with a very comfortable bed. No TV in room but I was on a course and studying for an exam and it didnt bother me. The bedside radio didn't really pick up without a lot of interference but free WiFi in my room was no problem despite the thick walls. I had early starts and didnt want a cooked breakfast but Maxine was onhand with tea and toast. By the way I passed!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great welcome with tea and cake on arrival we had good room at the top of house, our daughter had single room which was compact but she was very pleased with it, my other son had a nice large room plenty of space even with small baby and all his equipment, excellent breakfast. Went to area for a wedding but would go back

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank richardsom48
Reviewed June 24, 2013

great welcome having just cycled 30 miles along the Monmouth and Brecon canal for 5 hours in non stop rain. pot of tea and welsh cakes on my arrival and all wet waterproofs/ shoes and damp clothes taken for drying. Single room was compact but cosy with good ensuite shower room. wonderful breakfast. excellent host.Good location for cycling the very beautiful Monmouth-Brecon canal. Hope to do a return trip in the Autumn

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We came back to Park Place a second time because the excellent service, delicious breakfast, great rooms and fantastic location all add up to a really refreshing break that is certainly value for money.
Maxine could not have worked harder to make our stay enjoyable. We had tea and cakes on arrival, a choice of really great breakfasts, use of the drying room for our wet clothing, tea, biscuits and chocolates refreshed in the room every day and Maxine always on hand to help with every small request. We will certainly be back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We could not fault our hostess, and all she did to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.
Some of the rooms looked a little tired, and we did not think that the room had been cleaned as thoroughly as it should have been.
Worth a visit though.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 25, 2013

A lovely property with a friendly host. The B&B was close to Crickhowell and there was plenty of free parking. There were also several pictureque walks nearby. My room was warm and cosy and although small, it had everything I needed for a relaxing and private stay. Breakfast was plentiful and I even had enough left over for lunch. The host was knowledgable about the local attractions and was very helpful without being intrusive. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: My room faced the road and had a lovely view of the river and town.