“Fantastic food!”

The Boars Head
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Templeton
Cuisines: British, Welsh
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Under current management since July 2013, the Boars Head has been fully refurbished to restore the character of this pub/restaurant. With one of the finest chefs in Pembrokeshire serving only freshly cooked meals using the very best fresh local produce, we are very confident you will enjoy your visit. Locals and holiday-makers are all welcomed with open arms in this quaint, plush and friendly establishment that serves the very best food and drink in the area. We look forward to seeing you at the Boars Head.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Took my wife here for a meal when the new owners took over. I had the sirloin and my wife had the lasagne. I have had many steaks in many country's but none as good as this. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, service was excellent . This place is an absolute must in pembrokeshire. Well done boars head

Matthew S, Owner at The Boars Head, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hi there, many thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. Your very high praise is very welcome and we're so happy to hear such great customer reviews, you've made our day. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Boars Head

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went here last week with some of my family and had the rump steak and sweet potato fries. It was simply the best meal I've ever had - the food was absolutely gorgeous. The service was fantastic, and very welcoming, so a few days later I returned with more friends and family. Once again the service was exceptional, its so rare to find a place where you get service with a smile now days, and the food was once again mind blowingly nice. I had the mushroom risotto, which was amazing. The desert was just as good (I had the cheesecake, my friend had the chocolate mousse) and there is simply nothing I can say to suggest improvement! Well worth a visit! Once you've come once, you'll defiantly be back!!! :)

1  Thank David E

Hi David, many thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We are blown away with your fantastic comments and really pleased you think so highly of the food - we are trying very hard to serve amazing food and it looks like it's working! Thanks so much and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Being Templeton residents my partner and I were pleased to see The Boar's Head had reopened and have been biding our time for things to settle down before making our visit.

Along with two friends we booked a table for a Sunday evening and were immediately impressed and felt welcome from the moment we walked in which wasn't really the case under the previous owners.

It was very busy and while the staff were clearly under pressure at no point did the level of service drop, it remained professional and friendly throughout.

From starters to desserts the food was brilliant, tasty and the chef must be highly commended on producing and presenting such high quality meals. We will be returning with more friends and family and will be passing on our very high praise for the Boar's. Keep it up guys!

Hi there, many thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We're really glad you enjoyed your food and experience in the Boars Head and the happiness of Templeton locals is really, really important to us, so thanks again for your comments, they mean a lot. Thank you!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Well this is a very nice looking and clean place and the Food was Great very tasty and well presented. We did book over the phone but they mixed up the booking. The Boars head was a little busy but the service and Lack of management let the side down. No organisation and no one in charge the young lads (not a lot of experience) working where trying hard to please every one, took 40 mins for all drinks to arrive. Post mix run out and took a long time to get a replacement. I would give this a rating of Poor but the food boosted it up to Average for us.
Also we got the bill with a 10% gratuity not sure if its because we was a table of 8, but it never stated anywhere in the restaurant, menu or booking. We didn't make a fuss and now one to fuss to but we did say we wouldn't pay the 10% Some sign of a leader/ manager would of made this run a lot better.

Hi Mike, many thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We're really glad you enjoyed your food but obviously your comments about the service is of concern. We have only been open for a few weeks so you will appreciate our staff are new and getting to grips with things. With experience and training we hope our service will soon match the quality of the food we serve - and usually it does. I'm not sure exactly when you visited so am unable to comment on whether or not there were restaurant managers present during your visit, but we are open all day every day and I'm sure you would appreciate the cost of employing senior staff at all times would be incredibly costly although we do our very best. You make a good point about the gratuity and I'm glad you did! We have only been open a few weeks and we purchased a brand new POS system to take orders and payments, but the software is American and the gratuity was set automatically to kick in on tables of 6 or more. We did not know how to remove this function but I'm happy to report that we have finally got to the bottom of it and this has been removed completely now. There is (or was) a sign within the restaurant to explain the gratuity charge so this will have been there during your visit and I'm sorry you missed it. I hope you visit again soon and that you notice a marked improvement on the service you receive. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

It's been a long time since I visited the Boars Head but I had heard a few whispers about new owners and good food. Even with that knowledge I was still blown away with the quality of the food I had yesterday. Wasn't expecting it to be that good! All three of my courses were absolutely stunning and cooked to complete perfection. I had the chicken sweet pepper roulade with chorizo rosti potato & baby onion garlic sauce for my main course and double chocolate mousse with peppermint cream for dessert. Without trying to over-egg it, it probably ranked in the top few meals I've ever had in my life. Will be a regular here!

Hi Tom, many thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate your kind comments and are so happy you enjoyed your food. Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.