“excellent food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Britannia Inn

Britannia Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Llanmadoc
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Britannia Inn is an 18th Century Restaurant set in the village of Llanmadoc. The award winning restaurant has an excellent reputation for the quality of its food. The decor in the restaurant provides a pleasant atmosphere in which to enjoy meal. There is also a bar menu which can enjoyed in the small friendly bar along with a choice of real ales.
Warwick, England, United Kingdom
“excellent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We visited for the first time last weekend on a Saturday night. We had booked a table in advance, just as well as it was very busy. The food came out in good time and the style of cooking (on the a la carte modern British, but on the bar menu there are the classics as well) if first class, certainly the best in the area! We loved the food, the service was excellent and friendly and it was value for money. We came back the next day for a second meal as we felt it was the only really decent place in the area. The one thing that influences my star rating to 4 is that the glass of house wine (white) was a little too sweet for our liking, but overall a very good pub and restaurant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
megan2010_11, Manager at Britannia Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visits to the Britannia Inn. Thank you for your very pleasing comments. We are sorry the wine did not meet your taste.

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food and very friendly, welcoming staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Visited the Britannia on Sunday and had an amazing meal. The pot of smoked mackerel was the best that I've ever had and the main course was just as nice.
The staff were very friendly and helpful - you could not ask for more. Thank you very much.
Will certainly come again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
megan2010_11, Manager at Britannia Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the food and the level of customer care.
“Fabulous Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have visited the Britannia Inn on two occasions for Sunday lunch. On both occasions the food was fabulous!! The Britannina have a set lunch menu for Sunday lunch which has a good range of choice. The food was well presented and full of flavour.

I have tried both the lamb and the beef and although both were lovely I would highly recommend the beef as I found this to be melt in the mouth!!

We have received excellent service on both occasions!! I would recommending booking however as on both occasions the restaurant has been busy!! We will definitely be visiting again!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Britannia.
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Superb Food and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

The food in the restaurant was outstanding. We were concerned after the terrible review the night before and thought about going elsewhere but were so glad we didn't. The only disappointing thing was that we were only in the area one evening and couldn't go back the next night!

From the outside it isn't the most attractive pub (apologies to the owners if you've spent money on the signs but I don't like them) and the bar area is a bit like an old fashioned pub, but the restauarant area is lovely and the food was just sensational.

We loved it

• 5 of 5 bubbles
megan2010_11, Manager at Britannia Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Britannia and that you had the full experience of easting the the restaurant.
UK and Worldwide
“My first ever 'Terrible' UK review!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

OK - so the Britannia has had lots of 'excellent' reviews, so what went wrong?

I don't usually bother with restaurant reviews, as I generally just pop into place for something basic, like coffee and cake. Usually, they're fine, and it's the sort of food and drink that's easy for anyone to prepare. Not so with the Britannia.

Here's what happened...

I ordered a latte, toasted teacake and a scone with jam and cream. Even the lousiest beach caFe has been able to manage this during the previous several weeks of travelling. The boy behind the bar at the Britannia simply messed up everything.

* Despite having a 'proper' coffee machine, he managed to provide something awful and instant, which took some vigorous stirring on my part to get it dissolved. It wasn't latte. I doubt it was even coffee.

* Ping! That'll be the microwave warming up my toasted teacake. It was stale, and must have been toasted a day or two previously, and bunging it in the microwave didn't disguise this,.

* Ping! That'll be the scone... stale... rock-hard. It came with a tiny blob of jam and a little puff of cream from an aerosol can.

Net result... Three simple items that a chimpanzee could prepare... completely ruined!

Congratulations Britannia. You have earned my first ever 'terrible' review of any UK establishment. You're in the restaurant business, so I don't need to waste my time telling you how to do your job. You should know how to do a simple latte, teacake and scone. If your staff can't do that, then for heaven's sake find someone who can!

The place wasn't busy when I was there, but looking round the bar, I noticed glum, unsmiling faces, and people leaving large amounts of uneaten food on their plates. A bit of a bad day all round?

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Still-On-Tour
Sorry you had a bad experience when you visited the Britannia Inn. We do have a problem with the coffee machine at the moment as the 'proper coffee machine' is awaiting spare parts from Italy. The company have given us a replacement of an lesser quality, I have passed on your comments to them. I have spoken to the staff re: the rest of your comments, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit.