“More, much more than a cafe!!! Fantastic!!! :)”
Review of Caffi'r Ceunant

Caffi'r Ceunant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe offering home cooked meals and delicious cakes and puddings at affordable prices. Our Policy is to provide satisfying meals with a smile and plenty of banter. Please note we do not accept credit or debit cards as this keeps our costs down to our customers. We are NOT LICENSED but you are welcome to bring your own wine etc, and glasses will be provided at no corkage charge - aren't we kind! :-) We do respectfully ask though that all soft drinks are purchased from us. We are open Wednesday through to Sunday, from 10 until teatime (no set time as when its busy we stay open a while, and if it's quiet we go home and catch up with our home lives!). Reservations of tables can be made on any of our open days. We also cater for private functions and events, please ask for details. The cafe can be booked for an evening dinner upon advance notification and availability, for a minimum of 16 people on a full 3 course dinner. We also can come to you - need help at home to provide catering for a function, whether a buffet, sit down meal, barbecue, tapas party, nibbles or even a waitress to serve drinks and keep order - if its possible we can sure help you! Please contact me via email for finer details on what we can provide to make your celebration a relaxing one.
Reviewed May 29, 2012

If you're ever passing through Abergynolwyn - please please stop at Caffi'r Ceunant for food!!! It is the best!!! We had a family celebration there on sunday - and we were treated like royalty! Fab food, fab service!! I always struggle going out for food - as I'm on a gluten free diet. No problem here - I had my own gravy for the beef dinner and a choice of 4 puddings!!!! Brilliant!!

1  Thank CerisGJ
There are newer reviews for Caffi'r Ceunant

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Although we had booked a table we were left standing around with no greeting because there were no tables set. When we were eventually seated we were left with glasses but no water, then our wine was opened but no wine glasses brought (although no corkage was charged), etc...We waited 50 minutes to be served, although people who arrived long after us had already been attended to. No apology was offered.
The food was OK - nothing special and not very good value for money, in my opinion. We couldn't attract the waitresses' attention to ask for condiments, so had to manage without. Because we had waited so long for our main course, one of the puddings, which some of our party wanted to order, was no longer available. There was another lengthy wait, then 2 of the 4 puddings we had ordered arrived, followed by another wait for the remaining 2.
Sorry, but I can't recommend this cafe and wouldn't return. I am surprised that our experience was so different from that of other reviewers.

2  Thank Grenouillegalloise
Pencaenant, Manager at Caffi'r Ceunant, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

I am concerned that the above person thinks our little cafe is a top London Restaurant, and will explain to our loyal customers that they have already changed their review once after telling a little "Porky" to the public on their last review of us. The table was not set as they were on the second sitting, and the people before them had only just left. They are the first people I have known to complain about a table being set up while they are seated, and the fact that all the tables were full on both sittings may actually tell them something about us. Condiments are usually offered with every meal, from horseradish to dressings to tomato ketchup as required, and if our hardworking staff had simply "forgot" on this occasion, then I am apologise. Perhaps if someone had just said "Excuse me", then one of our girls would have been at the table immediately (we are only a ten table Cafe, and the girls would have passed the table several times). I also find it particularly strange that it was a 50 minute delay - I am presuming this was from the time they may have walked through the door. The second sitting begins at 2pm, and customers are served in the order that they arrive. Glassware is applied to the table ready for any drinks required, whether soft drinks or water. I asked the customer whether they actually requested water - they declined an answer. The fact that customers bring their own drink is at our discretion, and wineglasses are provided upon request. I think perhaps a hotel would have suited their expectations. With regard to the puddings, the one they wanted to order was on the blackboard. All puddings on the menu are of plentiful supply, the board is for limted portions, thus when sold out it is removed. Every restaurantand Cafe I have worked in over the last 25 years have operated in the same fashion. Wherever possible alternative desserts are offered if we have ran out of anything on the main menu. I also asked the customer why, with all these "complaints", had they not asked to see the manager (they could see us from the counter) so the matter could have been rectified - again, an answer was declined.
I am sorry they did not enjoy their experience with us, as customer satisfaction is paramount to us, and I am sure the public will make up their own minds by reading the rest of our reviews.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

surprisingly great food. Short menu, but all home made and nice staff too. We go there regularly. Welsh beef is a highlight as are the traditional puddings. Lots of good veg too. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Dougalskyblue
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This is a restaurant in Abergynolwyn Village Hall and the chef and proprietor used to be the chef in the Ty'n y Cornel, when it was a lovely restaurant on Tal y Llyn lake. This is a lovely place to have a nice meal, and also do morning coffees, afternoon teas as well. You can take your own wine/beer, as they are not licensed, and you are sure to really like the food. Excellent service, and if you want to eat here, for a meal, it may abe a good idea to book. No need for coffees/teas - do nice home-made cakes too.

2  Thank DebbieLlwygwril
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Unbeatable food, unbeatable service, unbeatable atmosphere, unbeatable smells, unbeatable portions, unbeatable value.

The thought of Caffi'r Ceunant food makes me feel even further from home. Don't take my word for it, give it a go, book early and let Hilary and Tommy work their unique magic!

Well done you guys from the Olivers in Auckland