My husband and I have just returned from a very special night at Ynyshir Hall, a small country hotel nestling in the mountains of Powys on the edge of the Dyfi Estuary which is one of the finest natural habitats for birds in the country. We were not prepared for how wonderful this hotel is - we knew the food was superb because it had been recommended prior to our visit but WOW, what a superb location and I have never visited a hotel with more friendly staff. We enjoyed the 10 course tasting menu prepared by the Michelin Star awarded chef which was definitely the best I have had for a long, long time (I nearly licked the plates clean it was so good) and the accompanying recommended wines were sublime. You really feel you are visiting old friends when you stay at this lovely place and I really can't wait to go again! Special thanks to Joan, the manager who is such a lovely lady and also sweet little Barbara who I can honestly say NEVER stops smiling - the happiest waitress I have ever met We spent the morning visiting Portmeirion which is about 45 minutes away and is well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ynyshir is a five star restaurant with rooms near the Snowdonia National Park, Aberystwyth and Machynlleth. The Michelin Star restaurant at Ynyshir is one of Wales' best contemporary fine dining destinations and holds four AA rosettes - one of only two restaurants in Wales to hold this distinction. Michelin Star chef Gareth Ward serves alternative British tasting menus using the very best of Welsh and British produce. The menus showcase the best of Welsh ingredients following the seasons, such as Welsh Wagyu Beef and Anglesey Onions throughout the year, as well as locally foraged sea herbs from the estuary and greens from the woodland floor and Ynyshir's extensive gardens. During hunting season expect to see wild deer and local duck, grouse and partridge, and in summer Welsh Lamb from the Dyfi valley. Gareth and his team pickle, salt, ferment and preserve fruits, leaves and berries carrying the harvests through the winter and into the spring. Expect to see dishes such as 'Not French Onion Soup', 'Mackerel Sweet & Sour' and Gareths take on a Tiramisu all served alongside a carefully selected wine-list whilst overlooking the Cambrian mountains and Ynyshir's extensive gardens Ynyshir has a total of ten luxuriously furnished guest rooms, each with its own unique style and character. There are seven rooms within the main house and three deluxe rooms directly adjacent. Each guest room has an en-suite with a separate bath and shower and feature premium Temple Spa products. Most rooms offer views over the gardens and Cambrian Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ynyshir Restaurant and Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Eglwys Fach
- Ynyshir Hall Machynlleth
- Ynyshir Hall Hotel Machynlleth
- Hall Ynyshir